News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1949 Sixty Special frame-off restoration

Started by jyinger, March 30, 2012, 11:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jyinger

Lily, my beloved 1949 Sixty Special, is about 90% complete.  We've already had her out on the road.  This is so exciting!!

You can see photos of the process from the moment I found her in a garage in New Mexico up through the most recent photos.  Complete with a video clip of starting up her beautiful, professionally rebuilt 331ci engine.

Go to  http://yingercars.shutterfly.com    And then you'll have to email me   jyinger1email addresses not permitted  to get permission to look at the photos.  Look for Lily---1949 Cadillac 60 Special (obviously).  Later I'm going to be adding a page on the Cadillacs that got away sniff, sniff.

Jon
Jon Yinger

jyinger

Now any visitor can look at the photos, once you get the the Yingercars.shutterfly.com  site, by using the magic code word:  Imperial

Let me know if you like it!

Jon
Jon Yinger

Richardonly

Jon,

The car is GREAT!  The photos were interesting, to say the least, and love how you started with the photos of a rusted hulk and returned it to the "gem" it was intended to be.

Thank you for shareing with us and now I shall return and look at your other fine autos.

Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle