News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

WTB, vac antenna for 52

Started by 52Cadillac, June 18, 2013, 06:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

52Cadillac

Need a mast for my 52. I have 2 units to work on, but not a good mast. Ill purchase a bad antenna but I need the mast to be good chrome. Or if you have a good unit that looks good let me know.
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

gary griffin

He has retired since he built mine but Klaus Wojack rebuilt antennas for years and he always included a new mast. They are very fragile and often broken so someone must be making the parts new.

I googled it and there are may available but you would need to know the specific information to order one. There is even a kit depending on if yours is screwed on or rivited on. Should be a simple little project.

If you listen to the radio a lot be sure to get a quality one!!
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

52Cadillac

Thanks Gary, Ill take a look. I knew Klaus had retired right before I started looking around.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org

RobertM

Klaus just did mine.  He told me he took his name out of Hemmings because he was getting too many calls about electric antennas and that was taking away from his bench time.  I don't have mine back yet; he just called today to say it was completed.  He fabricated a new mast for me and I can't wait to get it back on the car!  The service wasn't cheap; but when you are the only person in the country who can be relied on to fix these things, I suppose you can charge whatever you want.
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

52Cadillac

No kidding Bob. I don't think many folks know this. I also noticed after Gary giving us a heads up that I found Frank Nicodemus may also rebuild these.
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org