News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Show about restoring a '59 Cadillac on Restoration Garage tonight

Started by chrisntam, October 08, 2014, 08:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

8 PM Central time and then again on @ 11 PM  on Velocity Channel.  Info says it's a new show, but it also says it was released in 2013.  Don't know anything about it other than that, will DVR it and watch it.

Posted this in the technical/Authenticity forum as well.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

76eldo

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

David Greenburg

Pretty disappointing; just a transmission and rag joint repair.  I was hoping for a real restoration.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

C.R. Patton II

Hello David

I concur the hype quickly became disappointment.  The final price on that LaSalle was deplorable too.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

76eldo

I didn't like the show either.
Ill probably watch more episodes anyway but the one I like the best is Wheeler Dealers.
They buy a car, do repairs and upgrades, and sell it at the end. They concentrate on one car and show some really good mechanical repairs.

I watch most of the car shows on Velocity.  Can't get enough car stuff I guess.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Caddy Wizard

At least they painted the tranny Cad engine blue before reinstalling it!
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Coupe Deville

Quote from: 76eldo on October 09, 2014, 09:36:14 AM
but the one I like the best is Wheeler Dealers.
They buy a car, do repairs and upgrades, and sell it at the end. They concentrate on one car and show some really good mechanical repairs.

Brian

I like Wheeler dealers too. Although there is not American cars on it too often, it is probly the most honest car tv show out there. There is no messing around and they get right down to Buissness. Lots of good repair tips in that show.

-Gavin
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"