News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

WTB...1964 429 engine.

Started by 64Coupe, May 23, 2015, 08:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

64Coupe

I am looking for a 429 engine for my 1964 Cadillac Coupe Series.

I prefer an engine that is running which I can just "freshen up" with new gaskets, accessories, etc.

However I would still consider one that needs a complete rebuild.

This is a spin off of my last thread where I was looking for someone to rebuild my existing engine.

Still considering that but due to price restraints I prefer to get a running engine that I can "spruce up" myself.

Thanks

Jason
JAS
1964 Cadillac Coupe
1967 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine
1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible

64Coupe

BTW...I live in New England but travel to NY and NJ at least once a month.
JAS
1964 Cadillac Coupe

bill06447

There is a 64 Sedan de Ville for sale at Landon Tire in South Windham, CT. He was asking $2000. When I went to look at it, it was buried under 4 feet of snow but I have since obtained other projects. It was still there as of this past week. 860-456-0000 (not mine, btw)

Bill

Jeffrey Burland

Hi Jason,
You say you have a 64 coupe, but be sure you get the correct engine. The series 62s and series 75s had the older hydra-matic (4sp) transmission and a specific crankshaft to mate the two. The rest of the line (deVilles & Fleetwoods) got the then new Turbo Hydramatic (borrowed from Buick and is a one year only transmission which requires a factory adaptor ring to bolt up to this engine and that engine has a different crankshaft to bolt to it.

So, be sure of which series you have. A series 62 or a Coupe deVille. The easiest way to tell is if Reverse is all the way to the right on your shift indicator, you have a series 62. If it's the now more familiar (PRNDL) then you have a deVille. Is say this because sometimes deVille scripts and interior, etc have been added over the years and cosmetically it could look like a deVille. I don't have any  64 engines running at the moment but thought you should know this before buying the engine that won't mate up without changing the crank. Best of luck. Jeff
Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

64Coupe

Thanks Jeff!!

I will check that tomorrow when I get back to my friends shop where the car is now.

Jason
JAS
1964 Cadillac Coupe