News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Country Classic Cars in Staunton, Illinois

Started by Matt CLC#18621, September 29, 2020, 12:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt CLC#18621

Does anyone have any experience dealing with Country Classic Cars in Staunton, Illinois?

https://countryclassiccars.com/

Regards,
matt 18621
i am 2nd

Caddyholic

I have not heard anything bad about them but I have never dealt with them. They are about 45 min from me. 
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

BJM

They are an odd organization.  Their cars are typically overpriced. You will need to inspect closely.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

gkhashem

I have been seeing their cars for years on the internet and have never said to myself I want that one.

They seem to be usually lower condition, well used cars. If you can easily see that in the photos imagine what they look like in person. Is that bad, no but if your looking for a show car look elsewhere for the most part.

That being said, there is a market for these cars.
1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on September 30, 2020, 08:37:57 AM
Consignment operation.
According to the Hemmings article I posted above, "the majority of cars for sale are owned by Country Classic Cars."

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Big Apple Caddy on September 30, 2020, 09:58:21 AM
According to the Hemmings article I posted above, "the majority of cars for sale are owned by Country Classic Cars."

Perhaps but I have doubts for a number of reasons. I'll say no more.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

z3skybolt

I've driven by there for years, including twice in the past 6 months. I stopped in once and looked around. Did not make any serious survey.  But would say that some of the collector cars looked no worse than  those which I have seen advertised elsewhere, especially the lower priced offerings.

About 15 years ago a friend of mine bought a 1957 Rambler station wagon from them.  It was in excellent condition cosmetically and had a shiny, original blue paint, bright chrome , no dents or rust.  The engine had rods knocking and the gas tank leaked. He only paid $500.00 for it. After playing with it a while he offered it to me for $500.00.  I drove it a bit and declined.

Shouda, couda.  Looking back it would have been a cheap investment and a few thousand dollars would have made it a unique collector vehicle.  That Rambler may have been an example of a typical car offered by this business.

Bob R.
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.