News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillacs for Sale

Started by STS05lg, December 14, 2017, 06:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STS05lg

Found this site with Cadillacs for Sale, there is a really nice 1970 Eldorado, 1976 and 1974 Coupe DeVille along with others,  :) :) :) Bruce, if the prices of the 1974 is typical I may just have to send over my fleet.  ;D ;D ;D

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/cadillac/?area=Stock&vertical=car&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel

The Tassie Devil(le)

The '04 Escalade is cheap.   The cost of the RHD conversion would be more than the price of the vehicle.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

STS05lg

Bruce, do you have to convert antique cars in Australia that are brought over from the US. I see British cars with RHD on the road in the Washington DC area all the time. Just wondering, not that I would be sending one unless I can convince Helen to retire there along one of the beautiful warm water coast lines.  ;D ;D ;D

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Guys,
If I was younger, I'd consider moving there myself!!! Cash out of Kalifornia, WA here I come.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

gary griffin

Plenty of right hand drives in the other Washington (Washington state) also
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

You see any ones newer than 30 years???

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: STS05lg on December 14, 2017, 09:27:04 PM
Bruce, do you have to convert antique cars in Australia that are brought over from the US. I see British cars with RHD on the road in the Washington DC area all the time. Just wondering, not that I would be sending one unless I can convince Helen to retire there along one of the beautiful warm water coast lines.  ;D ;D ;D

Bruce is in Tassie, so not sure there, but where I am, in Queensland, 30 years and older can remain LHD with no problem.

I wanna move to the States to live..... anyone wanna swap?  ;)

Looking into getting a green card as we speak so we can be ready to roll in a few years.
Kevin and Astrid Campbell
Australia

STS05lg

Kevin, did not think a citizen of a British Commonwealth had to get a green card. I think 2/3's of Canadians live in Florida in the winter. They just drive there motor coaches across the border and head south. Last tune we were visiting friends in Onterio I asked how everyone handled the winters and they all said they go to Florida. ;D  ;D. So come on over but if you are thinking of living on the west coast prepare for sticker shock. Washington is outrageously expensive but coastal cities in the west are even more outrageously expensive. $1,000,000 will buy a teardown on the California coast.  :(

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Kevin,
I know there's a 30 year rule here. Ask me how I know. Yeah, I wanna swap. I live 40 miles south of San Francisco. I didn't go to Queensland last year. They tell me if I bring enough money, they'll let me in with no problems. Your thoughts??
Bob

Jeepers Creepers

Maaaate, its not too bad. we live in a coastal township. Google Tin Can Bay.

We're looking more country America, small town, bit of snow, maybe a foot or two in winter and a quiet location.
Heaps cheaper to buy a house, that way, i have more money for the purchase of Cadillac's.

The importer of our car is gunna crap himself when I tell him to send it back again. :o
Australia

The Tassie Devil(le)

Only vehicles older than 30 years of age can be driven in LHD form, but newer than 1968, when the Australian Design Rules (ADR's) came into being, all cars have to meet the requirements of their year of build.

In my case, my '70 Ranchero Squire only has to have Lap/Sash Seat Belts, and the head lights must be changed to "Dip to the left", but I converted it to RHD way back in 1990 so I could drive it.

The '72 Eldo (Built in Oct '71) has to have Lap/Sash Seat Belts in the outer sitting positions, dip-to the left lights, and it is still LHD.

From '72 onwards, things get out of hand, like amber Indicators, meaning that the tail lights/brake lights have to be separated from the Indicator system, Retractable Lap/sash seat belts, and gradually more stuff.

Any USA Seat Belt has to be removed and replaced with ADR approved belts.   We don't allow the separate lap and sash belt, and the retractors must be dual-action type, that is inertia operation for all directions, and not like the Eldo that has the locking retractor.    Australia lead the world with seat belt standards.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

59-in-pieces

You can come to Cali. - immigration  - Green Cards - citizenship - who needs all that.
Just settle in a beach community in a Sanctuary City and you're in.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Steve Passmore

It's all very well talking about moving to a different country but it's not that simple unless your a refugee. The reasons the Canadians can spend the winter in Florida is because a Visa last 6 months. You are an overstayer beyond that, and whilst you may be able to hide away they will be waiting for you at the border when you do try to get through.  A friend of mine did just that, snuck back to the UK 3 years later and was caught, arrested and banned from entering the US for 10 years. 3 years after that he flew to Canada and crossed illegally to the US but had to virtually vanish for 10 years. After that, he obtained a visa and now spends 6 months in CA and 6 months here classed as a visitor.
Green cards are like 'Hen's teeth' You have to get the company you are going to work for apply for it and prove they cannot employ a US citizen to do the same job.
If you have a ton of money and can prove you are self-sufficient financially or are on their list of required trades your in. I went through this in the 80's. We never had enough money and my skillset was not one they needed. Popstars, Brain Surgeons and Refugees, come on in ;D
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Quote from: STS05lg on December 14, 2017, 11:08:48 PM
if you are thinking of living on the west coast prepare for sticker shock. Washington is outrageously expensive.......

You are not kidding. I am visiting in Seattle as we speak.. I am posting this early because I am the only one up now as I am still on St. Louis time.
Can't believe the prices of property out here. And some of the streets are so narrow I am not sure how I could move the 70 around.
However I wouldn't have to drive it far in the mornings because there literally is a Starbucks on just about every corner!
However I must say the mounts are beautiful
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Steve Passmore on December 15, 2017, 04:47:03 AM
It's all very well talking about moving to a different country but it's not that simple unless your a refugee. The reasons the Canadians can spend the winter in Florida is because a Visa last 6 months. You are an overstayer beyond that, and whilst you may be able to hide away they will be waiting for you at the border when you do try to get through.  A friend of mine did just that, snuck back to the UK 3 years later and was caught, arrested and banned from entering the US for 10 years. 3 years after that he flew to Canada and crossed illegally to the US but had to virtually vanish for 10 years. After that, he obtained a visa and now spends 6 months in CA and 6 months here classed as a visitor.
Green cards are like 'Hen's teeth' You have to get the company you are going to work for apply for it and prove they cannot employ a US citizen to do the same job.
If you have a ton of money and can prove you are self-sufficient financially or are on their list of required trades your in. I went through this in the 80's. We never had enough money and my skillset was not one they needed. Popstars, Brain Surgeons and Refugees, come on in ;D

Hey Steve, we're finding out everything you've said.
We only want to come there for 10 or 15 years, but Uncle Donald looks like he doesn't want us.

If we have to, we'll do it on 6 month visas and try for 6 here, 6 there, 6 here, 6 there......
Australia