News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

3,700 mile 1973 Coupe Deville, triple black.

Started by D.Smith, February 17, 2018, 05:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Smith

Not my car, just a lead.

https://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/d/1973-cadillac-deville-2-door/6500379461.html

1973 Cadillac Deville 2 Door Coupe - $15000 (Trinity, NC)
3,700 actual miles - black leather interior - black exterior - air conditioning, power windows & seats - always stored inside.   
Reply: vks9x-6500379461@sale.craigslist.org

Eldorado James

Looks like it has been a nice Cadillac Table!  :-o     Interesting find but that price....you can find excellent Devilles for much less. Prob needs a full paint job after all of the items put on it over the years.  A shame!
~Eldorado James~

Currently:
1972 Eldorado Convertible
1975 Eldorado Convertible

Past Cadillacs:  Too many to remember.

D.Smith

Exactly.   They need to pull it out of that garage and pay a professional to detail the car if they expect top dollar.    People only like "barn finds" if they can buy them for a steal.

harry s

..."stored" is an understatement. The pictures make it look like just part of the clutter.      Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Series75

800 generations of mice included N/C.   I bet that one doesn't smell factory fresh.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Well either it's going to be REAL good or REAL bad. ;D

I've seen worse that cleaned up new.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

P. Manoogian

I really laughed when I saw the "800 generations of mice" comment....There is a certain romanticism about "barn finds." I just acquired one (65 Impala SS) that was stored for 40 years and the romanticism quickly turns to existentialism where what exists is a profound variance to what was once, or could be (with a ton of labor and money) essence.
1961 Eldorado - Shell Pearl/Mauve
1962 Corvette 327 - 250 HP Automatic Triple Black
1963 Impala SS Convertible - 283 Automatic Black Red Gut White Top
1965 Impala SS Coupe  - 502 Turbo 400 - Crocus Yellow
1974 Corvette L84 4spd Coupe - White / Black Leather

STS05lg

Eric I would bet real bad, if it has really sit that long here is a short list: all rubber hoses, radiator, heater core, master cylinder, all brake lines, brake calipers, compressor, VIR , controller, fuel tank, fuel lines. PW motors, all fluids, all seals, and that is if the motor is not froze up.
73 are great cars and three way black is a winner, but this is a money pit even if the body and chassis is in excellent condition. Just my humble opinion, but even at a third of the asking price this would be a major project not even considering if the climate control system has not served as a condo for the 800 barn citizens....

chrisntam

All good point's but someone with interest should at least go look and report back.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

D.Smith

My friend Jared called and spoke to the seller.  Here is his first report:

One owner, the man that is helping to sell it is cousins with the owner. It was his aunt's car, they purcahsed in NJ new and then moved to NC in 1982. That is the last time the cousin can recall it being on the road- was transported to NC and they built a garage just for it. He said he doesnt believe his Aunt ever actually drove it. Cement floored garage not dirt which is good. His cousin (the owner) is a recluse so it has been difficult getting him to agree to move shit off of car and clean it, etc. The reclusive cousin is supposed to call me, I said I would need photos of the car cleaned. Note the original tires though!!

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Judging by the chrome, I'd say the car has garage rot. Air circulation will make or break a car in long term storage unless the environment is bone dry. Both appear to be lacking here. This of course only addresses the cosmetic end of it; mechanical issues are a whole 'nother story.

A perfect example of a [once] nice car in the totally wrong hands.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

BJM

I agree with all of this.  As one who does craigs list searches several hours per week, it's all too common to see stored cars - so called "barn finds" - where the present owners see dollar signs but do not want to do ANYTHING to the car. Nothing. 

Now you ad into that mental illness, and the high price - and this car is headed to estate time.  In a few years maybe the "cousin" gets POA, then it might be sold.