News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Fuse block box replacement ?

Started by midwestisbest, May 13, 2023, 10:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwestisbest

Is there a replacement fuse block box available for a '60 ?

I see this one:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/CTFUWQR2Q/cadillac-1959-fuse-block-box

I removed all the fuses to clean the rust a small piece of the plastic housing broke off the block.

It's likely still functional but I'm just curious.

Also having difficulty removing the pink & red connector for the Ignition connection. Is there special magic to wiggling this OUT?

Thanks!

Moody

Those connectors were a bear in mine. I used some Workshop Hero gel and it finally came loose. I wouldn't use anything with oil, for obvious reasons. A complete rewire is going to happen, at that point I'll probably use a fresh fuse box of some sort.
Moody

midwestisbest

I ended up removing all the old fuses and cleaning as much as I could with a Dremel and a LIGHT attachment. Next, I put some di-electric grease on the fuse clips and put new clips in.

ONE question I do have:

Is the IGNITION connector (pink/red) supposed to come out? I tried & tried to wiggle it out and it will not budge.

Attached is a before and after shot:
20230513_143409.jpg20230514_132737.jpg 

bcroe

That is a lot of work!

It looks like a plug in to me, but the metal
contacts have probably rusted together. 
Bruce Roe