News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Self-Starter delivery

Started by Dave Greenburg (#3830), January 12, 2005, 12:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Greenburg (#3830)

Anyone know what the lag time is between first- and second class delivery of the Self-Starter is (domestic)?  I have a second class subscription, and I have not received the most recent issue, although a fellow west coaster called me over a week ago having received his.  I always figured it was a few day difference, not 8 or more.

Dave Greenburg
59 60S

Jeff Maltby #4194

I received mine out here on the west coast 3 days ago.

49 62s coupe

Johnny

I get mine 2nd class and got it last week, and Im on the East Coast.

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

I got mine 2nd class last week in the Houston area.  Even with first class mail, you might never get it as I am constantly getting other peoples mail. A while back, I got a letter sent from Fresno, California to Corvallis, Oregon with my house number on a numbered street similar to mine. After it made it from California to La Porte, TX, my mail carrier put it in my mailbox even though the name, street, town, and state were all different from mine.

Johan Boltendal 158

Im in the Netherlands and mine still has to arrive, First Class
Mail, while shipping normally takes 3-4 days, even with parts, by US Mail, the Self Starter is always late for what ever reason.But as long as it arrives, late for super deals or hard to get, without exception.

Bill Edmunds - 5484

I receive my copy by first class mail.  My wife, Jay Ann, has a membership in her own name and receives hers by second class mail.  Both are received at the same address.  Generally,  the difference in delivery time is 7-10 days.  The timing will vary from area to area (were in North Carolina) and based  upon the amount of mail in the USPS system at any given time.  Another point - remember that first class mail is forwarded and second class mail is not.  If you get your issue of The Self-Starter by second class mail you need to advise the post office promptly when you move.  As an aside, The Directory (issued in late Spring) is mailed to all US members by second class mail.

Dave Greenburg (#3830)

If up to 10 days difference is normal, Ill wait a couple of more days before I contact the SS.  Im pretty impatient this month because I wrote an article in it which I have yet to see, despite getting phone calls about it from people early last week.

Dave
59 60S