News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

51 sdn wiring question

Started by Al Smith, March 26, 2005, 09:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Smith

Im installing an aftermarket harness in my 51 sdn.
My question is on the steering column wiring. I mismarked 1 or 2 wires & am not having much luck figuring out my mistake with the factory diagram.
So we have 2 sets of 3 & 1 lone wire at the top of the column and the horn wire outside.
I got the turn signals done ok & the flasher. So 1 of the 2 left over wires is the stop light switch (?) I believe the last 1 in a group of 3. Is the lone wire horn power & the outside wire horn output? My head hurts.
HELP!!!! Al

Jeff Maltby 4194

Morming Al. Id call the harness company you purchased it from and ask them. I have a 1950 4dr column here with the harness intact less the wires are no longer attached up top. Ill take a look at it.

Jeff

Jeff Maltby 4194

Al. I just checked my 50 column harness. There are 2 groups of 3 wires coming up. All are still soldered up top. If I can help you via ditital pictures let me know.

Jeff

Jeff Maltby 4194

Al. A single wire should go to the tranny Quadrant pointer light.

Jeff

Porter 21919

Al,

Jeff Maltby is one of the foremost experts on 1949 Cadillacs, he has made it a lifelong obsession. I cant vouch for his knowledge of 1951 Cadillac wiring.

He would definitely make a great 1949 Cadillac judge at a GN, nothing would get past him.

LOL,

Porter

Al Smith

Thanks guys, I think I got it.