News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Database of cars from movies and TV

Started by Lou CLC 19028, June 21, 2006, 08:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou CLC 19028

Rhino 21150

Yann Saunders, 12588

It was started by a Belgian enthusiast and has just mushroomed out of all proportion over the last year.  Ive helped to identify many of the Cadillacs and have added also a few movies, feauturing Cadillacs, pulled from my own "Cadillac Database".

Some of you, Im sure will be able to help Antoine [his ID is "antp" - mine is "MrCadillac"] to identify later Cadillac models (like 1985 and up), with which I am less familiar and not really interested. Its easy to join up.

Dave Leger CLC #19256

Hi Yann,

One I didnt see there - in Mildred Pierce, Joan Crawford drives a 1942 6207 Club Coupe.  The folks at McVeys let me know about that the 1st time I ordered parts for my 47.  Now I have friends who call my car Mildred.    :-)

Dave Leger

Rhino 21150

Now all you have to do is track down a copy of the movie, capture a still frame, and post it to the site. What fun!

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Just when you thought youd seen everything, theres a
CIMARRON POLICE CAR.

Yann Saunders, 12588

You may add the movie to the site even without a photo.  It will get those movie buffs off their butts and down to the local Blockbuster store to start looking for it on video or DVD.

Dave Leger CLC# 19256

I have the movie on DVD and could grab a frame - but kind of concerned about the copyright issue   :-)

Dave

Michael Stamps 19507

In Glory Road when the new players go to Mexico for a night on the town you can see a white 1960 Flattop drive by.  For some reason I picked up on it real quick.

Stampie

Stephen

Jennifer Jason Leigh has her body torn in 1/2 by Rutger Hauer driving a tractor trailer and C. Thomas Howell driving a 1975 Seville, the car chase scenes scenes were awesome, the Seville had some serious rocks.

Dave Leger CLC #19256

Ok, I emailed them the frame grabs, and figured Id let them take the liability of posting them.  There are now 3 pictures of Joans 42 6207 out there.

Dave

robert p millian

WOW a excellent site. Thank you for the lead.

I was however a bit disappointed that the site didnt show a picture of that 60 Eldo Biarritz conv that was featured in the movie "Breakout" starring Charles Bronson. There was at least 15 minutes or more of filming this car. I found this movie to be excellent with a lot of action and still can be bot on Amazon.com.

bob