News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 heater hose routing

Started by Cadman-iac, January 18, 2024, 06:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman-iac

I need help!! No not that kind, well yes, but right now I am in need of the hose routing for the heater on a 59 Cadillac.
 And if you can get a few pictures of your water pump and where the hoses connect that would be most helpful.
 Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Mococad guy

I've seen them routed on top of the valley pan and connected to the pump. The original unmolested car with AC I've inspected, had the molded hoses with 90's on the heater side, had some kind of double bracket on them (I guess to keep them away from the hot manifolds). They are connected to the pump with radiator clamps. Pump inlet (from heater) on the left and pump outlet (to heater) on the right (passenger side, the nipple pointing to the side).

The Tassie Devil(le)

From pictures I have seen, the hoses go under the Intake Manifold.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Clewisiii

I think this one was answered with pictures before our forum rester. They do route under the intake manifold and turn to the heater core at the back of the engine.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

59-in-pieces

Rick,

I think I may have posted some of the pics that are now lost???

Yes, they run under the intake manifold and are secured on each side by a bolted cadmium plated clip.
The black hoses are preformed with a 90 degree curve at the heater core end, and have grooves/ridges running their length.
Also note that the hose size may be 3/4" or 5/8" depending on when the car was produced.

Hope these help.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Caddyholic

on 61/62 one hose is 3/4 and the other is 5/8.  The return hose is 3/4
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

60eldo

Can you just run 2 straight hoses, or do they need to be preformed. And best place to buy them, thanks
Jon. Kluczynski

Daryl Chesterman

The 90° molded hoses are available from NAPA (made by Gates Mfg.).  Please refer to the following chart to get the size and length that you need.

Daryl Chesterman

edit:  If you absolutely need OEM-appearing hoses, they can be purchased here—for a price!!!

http://www.cadillacpartsltd.com/nsearch.html?#search/q=1959%20heater%20hoses&sortby=rel&main_category=hecohecova&page=1&size=15&storeid=yhst-44448601296963/1

I'm not sure why the above link is not completely functionally!  If you highlight and copy the complete link and paste it in the address bar of your browser, it will bring up the heater hoses.