News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959-60 Oil dipstick

Started by 60eldo, February 27, 2024, 04:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

Yes 61 is different from 60. Do you have that guys phone# to order the tube?  I dont have  flea bay
Jon. Kluczynski

Clewisiii

I have an email. I have meet him twice. I stopped by in person to buy my dipstick and tube. His listing currently says that he has been unable to source 7/16 steel tub so he has substituted a 7/16 aluminum. But contact him to see what he has.

IMG_20240228_192403725.jpg
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Clewisiii

He is also the only person I believe who sells these retainers for the grill assembly.

IMG_20240228_193149077.jpg
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

60eldo

Jon. Kluczynski

Carfreak

Quote from: Lexi on February 27, 2024, 11:18:30 PMGood guy to deal with. Don't know what the dipstick is like but his tube repro was spot on and of high quality.

Chip previously worked at a high-level Classics restoration shop that reproduced Duesenberg parts, etc. 

Yes, he is a very good guy and very talented. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Lexi

Hmmm... That would go a long way in explaining his attention to detail and the passion he obviously has for the vintage car world. Clay/Lexi

Clewisiii

Well if he does not work there anymore I dont mind sharing some pictures. I think they did mostly mechanical restorations. They would have small productions runs done just to get one part for a customers car. then they would try to sell the rest over time.

IMG_20200205_102218208.jpg

They had Duesenberg's, Packard's, and Cadillac V16s in there. The black car on the lift in the background was a v 16. I asked him to talk me through how the Cadillac V 16s distributors worked. He basically said the timing was killer. IMG_20200205_102150951.jpg
IMG_20200205_102240319.jpg

David Greenburg

'60 is 17 7/8" from the hilt to the full line an 22" total length from the hilt to the tip.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Carfreak

Quote from: Clewisiii on February 29, 2024, 01:25:36 PMWell if he does not work there anymore I dont mind sharing some pictures.

That was Brian Joseph's shop in Troy Michigan; he retired and the business is closed.  They did full restorations on all types of Classics, Exotics and other unique (expen$ive) oddities.  Motor City Region toured there a couple times along with the conveniently located (next door) TWO BUILDINGS FULL of the Terry Adderly Collection which included over a dozen Duesenbers, several Bugattis, of course a few Cadillacs, Lincolns, Packards, Imperials, Hispano Suiza, Thomas Flyer, Cords, Auburns, bakers dozen of 'double hulled'(?) wood boats, Detroit Electric, Pierce, Peerless, etc. 

Unfortunately as far as I know, the Adderly Collection has been dispersed since the owner's passing a few years ago.  Fortunately quite a few of his cars were donated to the Gilmore Museum and are on display next door to the CLC Museum.  Pretty convenient!!! 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

60eldo

Hey Chewii, when you installed your new tube, did you install it from the top? Also did it just slide in by hand or did you need to tap it in with hammer or something. Was it a snug fit. The reason I ask is,I tryed to make one, and when I installed it in from the top it just slid in and was very loose, I could wiggle it around, very sloppy, It wont work like this.
Jon. Kluczynski

Clewisiii

I had to lightly hammer mine in place. I installed from the top since there was a flange in the tube that would seat to the block. I used a light gasket sealant on the tube before I installed it. His install instructions remind you to turn over the engine with dipstick and tube in place. You might need to slightly bend the tube out of the way. This way you can verify it will clear the crankshaft.

60eldo

Did you need to bend yours? If so in what direction.
Jon. Kluczynski

Clewisiii

Quote from: 60eldo on March 02, 2024, 12:41:25 PMDid you need to bend yours? If so in what direction.
Only very slightly to the side in the oil pan. . The bending on the top to clear the exhaust manifold was harder.