News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Lincoln vs. Cadillac | Don...
Last post by jwwseville60 - Today at 10:50:11 AM
Both are advisable for smooth transportation and unbridled elegance.
Apples and oranges.
General Discussion / Re: POLL: What's the newest Ca...
Last post by jwwseville60 - Today at 10:46:59 AM
After that the styling loses me.
I do like Caddy's that are newer, but Im living in the past
and loving it.
Send me pictures
Joe,
As long as it goes to someplace where there are no Emission testing requirements, a de activated AIR system should not do anything but mess up the carb calibration.
Greg Surfas
Newsletters / Re: FINZ Magazine from CLC NZ ...
Last post by Lexi - Today at 09:14:18 AM
Nice Beach Hop coverage. Thanks for posting. Clay/Lexi
Just another quick question:  The driver side front turn signal is not working. When I took it apart, there was no bulb.  I have the correct bulbs, but can't figure out how to get the damn thing in.  I suppose that's why there was no bulb.  There must be some defect in the socket.  Do you know if the electrical connector in the back of the fixture just pulls off?  Any suggestions on how to fix this?  Thanks again!
General Discussion / Re: POLL: What's the newest Ca...
Last post by Lexi - Today at 08:56:59 AM
1969, twice, for me. Clay/Lexi
Thanks for that great explanation!
I think that's going to be something for the winner of the auction to deal with, or not. 
Once I get the brake master cylinder done, I'll be able to drive it more and do that Texas tuneup.  It seemed to run fine at speed, but idles irregularly.  I'll put some Seafood in the gas tank, as the gas is probably pretty old.  Hopefully that will get her running smoothly.
Thanks again!
Restoration Corner / Re: Carl 61 Fleetwood Phyllis
Last post by Clewisiii - Today at 08:22:05 AM
Well at least Schwinds refunded me first thing Monday Morning.

It took Summit six weeks to realize they could not get it. And that was with me reaching out and questioning them twice in advance.

Screenshot_20240429-081950.jpg
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1940 Lasalle electrical
Last post by Ben Medlock - Today at 07:56:48 AM
Hmmmm. So, regarding my generator, is it possible it is a 12V generator since I'm checking 12V with a volt meter? Or, are all generators the same? I'm a lot better with mechanical issues than electrical. These 6V positive ground systems have always baffled me. Does the power from the generator go through the voltage "regulator" to get regulated down to 6V or.... what?