News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1983 elderado

Started by ron kaylor, April 15, 2008, 11:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron kaylor

1983 elderado 64,000 original miles continental kit real wire wheels original 3000.00 obo  located in union sc
cartamer@hotmail.com
ron kaylor
will email pics if interested must sell soon
MAKE ME AN OFFER NEED TO GET RID OF

ron kaylor

Johnny

Quote from: ron kaylor on April 19, 2008, 02:17:53 PM
is anyone out there

Yes Ron, we are out here, but unfortunately you have one of the least desirable years of Cadillac to own, due to the infamous HT4100 engine.  1983 was the second year for engine, and things didn't really start to turn around until the late 85 models.  This is not to say that there is anything wrong with your car, or will be, but most Cadillac Enthusiasts, prefer not to take the chance on these models.

ron kaylor

WELL I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESONSE . I DIDNT KNOW OF THIS BUT THIS ONE HAS AN OLDS ENGINE IN IT I GOT IT IN ON A DEAL WITH OTHER CARS SO I WAS GOING BY THE NADA BLUE BOOK SO I JUST NEED IT GONE SO MAKE ME AN OFFER 

ron kaylor

WELL SINCE NO ONE WANTS THIS CAR NOW I AM SELLING PARTS FROM IT NICE SET OF REAL WIRE WHEELS WITH 2 NEW TIRES AND 2 GOOD TIRES 400.00 OR MAKE OFFER ANYTHING ELSE WANTED JUST ASK AND I WILL PRICE IT

Johnny

Quote from: ron kaylor on April 19, 2008, 06:26:46 PM
WELL I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESONSE . I DIDNT KNOW OF THIS BUT THIS ONE HAS AN OLDS ENGINE IN IT I GOT IT IN ON A DEAL WITH OTHER CARS SO I WAS GOING BY THE NADA BLUE BOOK SO I JUST NEED IT GONE SO MAKE ME AN OFFER 

I wouldn't pull the trigger just yet with the car, since it appears the car has already had a enging transplant.  Having an Olds engine, makes a world of difference.  When advertising the car, make that fact known.  From the pictures, it appears that a $3,000 asking price is more then fair.

76eldo

I agree.  A 1980's Eldorado with an Olds engine is a plus.  On these cars, a different engine actually helps the value of the car.

Try putting it on ebay.

I would like to know if everything functions properly, like the cruise control, climate control, and on-board diagnostics.  If so, someone did a nice job on the swap.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

ron kaylor

YES TO ALL THE ABOVE EVEN THE ELECTRIC ANTENNA STILL WORKS ORIGINAL PAINT AND ALL AND YES THE AIR IS COLD

ron kaylor

CAR IS SOLD THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

Johnny

Quote from: ron kaylor on May 01, 2008, 06:36:22 PM
CAR IS SOLD THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

My work here is done.....

Glen

Who was that masked man?  :D
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

The Tassie Devil(le)

The Lone Ranger, but he couldn't have been that lonely as he always had his sidekick, and his Horse, Silver.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Johnny

Quote from: The Tassie Deville) on May 03, 2008, 04:00:06 AM
The Lone Ranger, but he couldn't have been that lonely as he always had his sidekick, and his Horse, Silver.

Tassie, my chum, you obviously don't know the legend of The Lone Ranger.  He wasn't called lone, because he was lonely, but rather he was the one lone survivor of an ambush by Butch Cavendish and his gang on a group of Texas Rangers.  Also legend has it that the "Green Hornet" is a descent of The Lone Ranger.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Thanks Johnny,

Yes, us "aliens" don't really study that deeply into your history.

There was that much shootin' and killin' that all the stories would take a lifetime to learn, and actually digest.

Actually, I thought it was just a TV show.   A bit like Hopalong Cassidy. and "F" Troup and Casey Jones.

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Glen

Didn’t you watch the Lone Ranger?  After the Lone Ranger rescued the damsel in distress or saved the farmer He would say to his horse “Hi yo Silver, away” and as he rode off (into the sunset?) someone always ask “Who was that mask man”. 

Glen 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Barry M Wheeler #2189

He also would say, "My work is finished here..." , not "my work is done..."

The Lone Ranger also never shot to kill. Only to wound, or to shoot the gun out of the bad guy's hand. When playing "guns" while a child, it was always a point of contention as to "who shot the gun out of who's hand."
As any police officer can tell you, this feat is almost impossible, and only shows to go ya' that we lived in a milder, more gentle time in the late 1940s.
Old time radio is another thing I miss. Sunday afternoons, was mystery time, starting about 2PM, and going on till about six in the evening. On Mutual, I believe. WIBC in Indy. WFBM was NBC, and I can't remember what WIRE was. WXLW was a new-fangled FM station that came along in the late 1940s.
I'm sitting here, trying to remember the "line-up" at 5PM each weekday evening. There was Superman, "Tom Mix," "Sky King," "The Lone Ranger," "Jack Armstrong, the All American Boy."

Pop Quiz: Who sponsored what shows?

Kellog's Pep?

Ovaltine?

Ralston (cereals)?

Wheaties?
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Johnny

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on May 03, 2008, 11:45:59 PM
Thanks Johnny,

Yes, us "aliens" don't really study that deeply into your history.

There was that much shootin' and killin' that all the stories would take a lifetime to learn, and actually digest.

Actually, I thought it was just a TV show.   A bit like Hopalong Cassidy. and "F" Troup and Casey Jones.

Yes Tassie, it was a TV show, and before that a very popular radio show.  I would venture to say that he was the most popular "cowboy" of the 50's, even more popular then Roy Rodgers and Hoppy.

Take a look a this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2218Btx3wY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhcYhUWoKeE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S1gi8Eno5A