News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Parting a 1991 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz

Started by Eric S. Maypother #15104, October 18, 2009, 11:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric S. Maypother #15104

Hi,
My friend called me yesterday to tell me he got a 1991 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz to part out. I'll be checking out the car Monday and start taking things off, parts $10-$200.

Things I'll defiantly be taking off to sell: Headlights, tail lights, grille, mirrors, switches, emblems.

Please inquire with needs and I'll check condition and price.

Also what years are most parts interchangeable? 1986-1991? I already have 2 nice 1989 Eldorado fenders off another car.
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham

scott B.

Hi, I have a 1989 Biarritz, and am looking for the lumbar and recliner switch bezels from the sides of both the driver and passenger seats. I'm not looking for the switches themselves, just the covers, which I believe are just glued in place. I think the '91 may have the same part as the '89. I've attached a photo of what I'm looking for. I'm O.K. if the top black part with the words lumbar and recline is worn or damaged. I'm more concerned with the condition of the lower portion. I believe I've attached a photo of what I'm looking for. If the photo does not show up, I can email it to you. If the parts are the same as those in the 1989 Eldorado,  and in good shape, let me know.  thanks!

Eric S. Maypother #15104

Hi Scott,
I checked the parts today, their white but both broken, the drivers side also has a piece missing,
Sorry, let me know if you think of anything else.
1990 Cadillac Brougham

Scott B.

Quote from: Eric S. Maypother #15104 on October 20, 2009, 07:04:29 PM
Hi Scott,
I checked the parts today, their white but both broken, the drivers side also has a piece missing,
Sorry, let me know if you think of anything else.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for checking. You mentioned they are white. The part I'm looking for is just the black part that's around 6" long by about 1" wide. Was that the part missing from the driver's side, and damaged on the passenger side? If the damage was limited to the thin black metal trim, I may be O.K. with it. It's the chromed plastic part that I'd like to find in really nice shape. Maybe they're different on the '91.
I'll see if there are any other parts that I may need. Thanks again, Scott