News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Searching for a 1956 Sedan de Ville

Started by Timo, January 14, 2010, 02:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timo

Hi folks,

I have been searching for a 1956 Cadillac Sedan de Ville for quite some time.
I have been searching through Hemmings, Collectorcartrader, Oldride, cars.com, ... "Googeld" it - so far no luck.
Color combination should be either a beige with a white roof or a light blue with a white roof (I think they called it sonic blue).

The only cars I found where either totally overprized ("this car is worth $50.000 - "believe me ... son, you can trust me"  :-[  ) or
complete rust buckets ... with even rust holes in the roof - subsequently leaving the car with no floors. :-(  

So if anyone has an idea out there ... please send me an E-Mail.

I appreciate any help !!!

Thanx

jeff1956

Here's a recent, within the past month-ish ad for a 1956 SDV, in decent shape for $6800.00.  You could always contact the guy and see if it's still available....he may still have it.

http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php/topic,107654.0.html

Timo

Hi Jeff,

I already tried to contact him ... via E-Mail and via short message.
Again ... so far noch luck. I guess the best thing would be to call him ... which as I am calling from Germany (time difference) -
is not that easy.

What would be a fair price for a nice driver and what are the technical "traps" (typical rust spots, etc.) that you have to be carefull of ...

Tthanx

Chris Conklin

Chris Conklin

Sweede64

Hi Timo, this car is in Sweden and it seems to be a solid car, i can help with translation the price is in swedish crowns, ap 10 000euro.
All dutys have ben payed and its free to ship inside EU, its not my car, i found it in another forum here in Sweden.

Grüss Thomas.

http://www.usabil.nu/databas/Detalj.asp?ID=90557
Thomas Karlström

Jim Thompson

Quote from: Timo on January 15, 2010, 02:45:15 AM
Hi Jeff,

I already tried to contact him ... via E-Mail and via short message.
Again ... so far noch luck. I guess the best thing would be to call him ... which as I am calling from Germany (time difference) -
is not that easy.

What would be a fair price for a nice driver and what are the technical "traps" (typical rust spots, etc.) that you have to be carefull of ...

Tthanx

I have spoken with him on the phone a couple of times and he is a real decent guy. It is a lot of car for the money. He sent me some pics and she really doesn't look too bad.
1946 Cadillac model 61 fastback

jeff1956

I would say the price isn't too far off on the yellow sedan de ville....You might could get it for a little less if he's really motivated, but that depends on what he has in the car....not everyone is willing to take a loss on their car.  Typical rust issues with the 56's are just about like any other car, front lower fenders(where it meets the chrome rocker guard), rocker panels, just above the skirts, fender skirts, and of course, the rear quarters. Also the rear bumper exhaust ports were prone to rust through as well, though not as bad as the 54-55's.  From the pictures posted I did see some rust, but the pictures are too far away to accurately assess it on this car.  Even with the rust issues, she does run and drive, and does have the factory AC, which was still relatively rare back then considering it was about 800.00 as an option.   It would probably cost several thousand alone to restore the AC system so that would be a factor to look at as well, unless it already works and you just needed to do a cosmetic restoration on it.   The front seat has a cover on it, but if you're looking to restore it anyways...I wouldn't let that concern you too much...she looks like an excellent candidate for restoration and the price isn't bad.  There's a for sale ad for a special order 56 Sixty Special, which is the body style I have and I love my Sixty Special....i traded up from a 56 Sedan De Ville in chantilly maroon with white top to my pecos beige Sixty Special....for the price, if you're looking to fully restore it...the Sixty Special is an awesome deal especially with the Eldo Engine, AC, and electric trunk pulldown and with it's Special Order tag makes it a one of a kind car....If I had 2500.00...it would already be loaded and on it's way to Arkansas.  The Sixty Special may not be as sleek looking of a car, but I guarantee you it commands attention like no other.

Jeff

David King (kz78hy)

How about settling for a Fleetwood?

This one seems pretty nice and looking for a home.

http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php/topic,109317.0.html

Looks like a match to me.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

rwolfe

Between high school & now the present I found a 1956 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Coupe, 1956 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible, 1957 Cadillac Coupe de Ville, 1958 Cadillac Coupe de Ville, & a 1978 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Coupe.  Person I bought mine from had the following for sale:

1929 Model A, 1931 Model A, 1955 Bel-Air, 1956 Bel-Air, 1957 Coupe de Ville, 1959 Continental Convertibles(3), 1966 Chevelle, 1967 Galaxie, 1970 Boss 302, 1975 Bricklin SV1, 1978 Eldorado, 1984 Vette, cycles, snowmobiles, jetskiis, properties, houses, now only has 3 for sale, maybe some bikes, & a house on Lake Wissota, re-locating to California buying up Mustangs.

Rod Dahlgren #19496

I have a project 56 Sedan DeVille HARDTOP that has a very nice solid body. It was repainted in black with white top. The car is APART and has no engine or trans. BUT has MANY extra parts. We parted out another 56 SDV and loaded all teh aprts into this car. The body is very nice and very straight. But is a PROJECT. $1200.00 is my price..
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?

willard

Hi!

I have a 56 Fleetwood for sale at $2,700.    Color is dusty rose with a lighter color top.   Has AC and is not a rust bucket but as any car that age it has some issues.   Has nice white wall tires, rebuilt starting motor and water pump.    Engine turns over with nice compression but have not tried to start it because of the  condition of the rubber hoses.    The upholstry is good for patterns only.    Car is located one hour east of Sacramento.    contact me for further information if interested.