News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

WTB: Rebuilt 37 V8 motor

Started by Gerald MacPherson, November 16, 2010, 10:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerald MacPherson

Would like to purchase a rebuilt motor for my Fleetwood coupe (1937).  Should be a recent rebuild.  Thanks much, Mac

Joe McCormick

Hello Mac,  I have a rebuilt 1937 engine for sale, BUT, it is installed in a 1937 Cadillac, 7519, 5 passenger sedan with sidemounts. on the 138" wheelbase, that is in the process of restoration.  All the hard work has been completed including rebuilding original engine with Egge pistons and rings, new exhaust from manifold back, brakes include rebuilt/new master and wheel cylinders and lines where needed, and gas tank has been"ReNued".  Wood has been glued in 4 doors with new glass.  Many duplicate parts including excellent seats, NOS bumper emblems.etc/  Car runs great, is extremely powerful. shifts, stops and matches GM Heritage build sheet.  It has a NY State transferable registration. Restoration in progress. $16,500/offers.  Joe McCormick, CLCL #14142. Berne, NY

Stinson

Hello Gerald,
I just spoke with Pat Colleary of Northern Boulevard Collision, 17 Watermill Lane, Great Neck, NY 11021. Pat has a completely rebuilt 1932 V8 (same engine) never reinstalled. He will sell it for $1,500. Give him a call at 516 487 8022.
Ty Stinson
Ty Stinson
'37 Cad 8519 Touring Sedan V12
CLC22330

Stinson

Hello Joe,
Can you sell me the bumper plates with logos, and the two new front bumper guards?
Ty Stinson
CLC22330
Ty Stinson
CLC22330

Joe McCormick, CLC #14142

Hello Ty,   Thanks for your offer of buying the rechromed bumperettes and center logo.  I'm keeping them all with the car.  Joe

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hello Joe. Saw your reply and was wondering about the duplicate parts that you have. Are willing to part with any that might fit a '37 LaSalle? Thanks .... John Lehman CLC #26365.  Marion,Ohio.... Sorry Mac to hijack your thread...

Joe McCormick

Hi John L.  Possibly, I'll take a look. Please email me at:  JPMCARCOLL@AOL.COM so we will not be hijacting a thread.   Joe

Jim Stamper

Maybe that was a misprinted date of 1932, but a 1932 is a completely different engine whose basic design started in 1927. The 1937 type started in 1936 in the Cadillac and the next year, 1937, with minor changes the LaSalle got it as well as a 322 cu in engine.

Jim Stamper CLC# 13470

Stinson

Thanks Jim,
I was way off on that one. But the rebuilt '32 Cadillac engine is for sale for $1,500 if anyone needs one.
Ty Stinson
CLC22330
Ty Stinson
CLC22330