News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

56 Air Conditioning idle speed control

Started by Al Goldstone, August 10, 2011, 05:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Goldstone

I have been working on putting Air in my 60S and have bought 2 different idle ontrols and neither of them are correct. The first one is a flate bracket and will not clear the aux air valve and the second one the bracket is on an angle and clears but the rod that goes to throtle shaft is too long. I think I need a flat bracket that moves the idle control farther away from the carb body.

Does anyone have the correct part. The carbs are correct and the bracket that is screwed to the throttle shaft looks like all the other pictures I could find on the internet (ebay etc)
Al Goldstone

J. Gomez

Al,

First able what type of carb your have Rochester or Carter? They both use the Idle Speed up however there are totally different.

Here is a link of the MPL which shows both and their brackets hope this helps..!

http://modified.hostnexus.com/documents/Shop_Manuals_and_Illus_Catalogs/Master%20Parts%20List%20thru%201964/Group%203/tn/Group%203%20-%209.jpg.html

Good luck..!!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Al Goldstone

Al Goldstone