News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

right side mirror

Started by gene harl, February 28, 2012, 12:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gene harl

WTB...right side factory mirror that will match my left side 1951 coupe deville mirror...
Gene Harl .. CLC 22406 ...   rgeneharlemail addresses not permitted

Jay Friedman

I'm fairly certain the same mirror was used on Corvettes from 1956 to 62.  Several Corvette parts suppliers sell them, including the following:

http://www.corvetteamerica.com/cf/displaylearnmore.cfm?learnmoreid=66&idlist=66,167,2122,167,1237,2122,322,372,1762&searchdest=%2Fcf%2Flearnmorelist%2Ecfm%3Fkeyword%3Doutside%2Bmirror&subcategoryid=&searchname=Keyword%3A%20outside%20mirror

Check out the picture on the web site to make sure it is the same as your left hand mirror.  Be careful of 2 things when buying one: 1. that you get a right hand mirror whose mounting screw will be on the bottom of the "neck"; 2. that you don't get the same mirror for 63-67 Corvettes which is identical except it has a Chevy bowtie insignia on the chrome face behind the glass (which will not look good on a Cadillac). 

Chevrolet dealers used to stock them for half the cost of the Corvette parts dealers today but, unfortunately, they stopped doing so about 10 years ago.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

gene harl

thanks for the link Jay,, it looks like mine,, alot of money for a mirror.. I may bite the bullet
thanks  Gene CLC22406

Jay Friedman

Art Gardner, a CLC member who owns a 50 Cad, recently bought one of these mirrors.  You may want to email him to ask where he got it, since he may have found a cheaper supplier than the one I posted as an example. 

I have a left and a right on my 49 and was lucky enough to buy them cheaper years ago at a Chev dealer, though they are only authentic from 1950.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Tito Sobrinho

I just bought a RH mirror from MacVey's, which matches my L hand mirror perfectly. The catalog states...1937-1949 door mirrors for Cadillac or LaSalle  in a stainless steel version. According to the catalog pictures, they differ from the  1950-1955 mirrors.
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.