News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

working on a 36 cadillac hood

Started by william_b_noble, May 12, 2012, 01:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

william_b_noble

Bill N - clc # 2371

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Bill,

Great work on the machining, and very clever.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Paul Tesone

Bill - what a great post !! I'm certain that you spent a very long time to take those photos, transfer them to your computer and then post them along with your very detailed narrative . Thanks so much for sharing your experience . Paul Tesone CLC # 6876

william_b_noble

I've made some more progress - same url http://www.wbnoble.com/cars/36_Cad-Hood/36_cadillac_hood_hinge.htm
you can follow along at the above URL, here are some "motivational" pictures

Bill N - clc # 2371

stelios

Good work.
you have photos how the hinge put on the hood and car ?
thanks
Stelios the Greek

william_b_noble

yes, there are some photos of that too -did you need more than are on my web site?  if so, let me know what you need and I'll try and take the photo.
Bill N - clc # 2371

william_b_noble

I have made significant progress, so go back to my web site and you will see the hood on the car and the hood spears in place for a test fit - now I need to make the clips that hold the hood spear (aka beltline molding) in place, see below:
Bill N - clc # 2371