News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

What should I do? Involves another CLC member.

Started by Bill Caddyshack, March 05, 2013, 09:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Roy's not a purist. He's just 100% "pure Roy" - that's for sure!  ;)
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

R Schroeder

See , Eric, knows me.

The other Eric - No I have never owned a Continental Mark II . Wouldnt mind owning one.
I never was a cow puncher either.

Rob, I'm with you 100%

Mike, I drive mine everywhere. When the snow melts its my daily driver as well as the car I use for trips.  November until spring its stored.

Louis Smith

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on March 11, 2013, 01:38:21 PM
My Fleetwood's engine was a lot cleaner than that one Louis. No engine pics of the 1996 (somehow I didn't take any), but this is how i keep the interior year round. Tell me it's not immaculate:

Mike, just as a clarification, I wasn't trying to insinuate that your engine compartment was as dirty as the picture I enclosed with my post. How about this engine compartment?

Quote from: Louis Smith on March 11, 2013, 03:09:46 PM
Mike, just as a clarification, I wasn't trying to insinuate that your engine compartment was as dirty as the picture I enclosed with my post. How about this engine compartment?

Aren't those pics of Matt Garrett's 1960 Eldorado Biarritz? His webpage seems to indicate he has sold it.

Louis Smith

Quote from: ericdev                                                #8621 on March 11, 2013, 03:13:39 PM
Aren't those pics of Matt Garrett's 1960 Eldorado Biarritz? His webpage seems to indicate he has sold it.

I don't know whose car it is.  I just found the pictures on the Internet.

Here's his webpage of his current cars.

http://www.mcsmk8.com/cadillacs/mycads.htm

This is for past owned cars (including the '60 Biarritz, 3x black)

http://www.mcsmk8.com/PAST-CARS/MAVICA.HTM

He has a lot of nice stuff to be sure.

STDog

Quote from: Louis Smith on March 11, 2013, 03:09:46 PM

Nice, but what would the judges think of all that chrome or the electric fan?
Or all the chrome in the trunk?

Louis Smith

Quote from: STDog on March 11, 2013, 04:35:47 PM
Nice, but what would the judges think of all that chrome or the electric fan?
Or all the chrome in the trunk?

Speaking only for myself, and if that was my car, I could care less what any judge would think of the chrome.  If it became a bone of contention with them, I would "fold up my tent, and go where my car was appreciated".

Grant Owen

Louis you should not be so defensive you asked the the Question "What do you think of this engine bay".
Well........Not much , I had a quick look at the pictures & here are a few things I noticed , Air Cleaner, fan, horrible Radiator over flow bottle & Guard, incorrect Radiator hoses, clamps, Radiator Cap, incorrect plating on Bolts Brackets etc, Decals wrong misplaced or missing, bolts washers incorrect I am sure if I had close ups the bolts would not have correct markings on heads or may be even SS , this is only a few of the faults with this engine bay.
The worst thing anyone can ever do is ask my opinion on a car I have had many owners of cars ask me to give my opinion on their car I always ask first do you want an honest opinion & are you sure you want me to give it , if they say yes by the time I am finish they are looking for the nearest Bridge to jump off.

Louis Smith

Not being defensive at all, as I have nothing to defend, other then my thoughts and opinions, and I don't care if people agree or disagree with them.  I have reached a stage of my life, where I am confident and secure in myself.

It appears as though you are a purists and quite knowledgeable about all aspects of Cadillacs, which is quite impressive.  I just hope no one asks you what you think of their wife LOL.  Sometimes silence is truly golden.

STDog

Quote from: Louis Smith on March 11, 2013, 06:37:12 PM
I just hope no one asks you what you think of their wife LOL.  Sometimes silence is truly golden.