News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Parting 1976/1975 Eldorado Convertible

Started by fanbladeus, August 06, 2013, 06:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanbladeus

Hello all

I just picked up a '75 Eldorado convertible that the body is pretty rough overall. I bought it for parts for my '76. I will be swapping things out like dash, seats, other interior and top bits. So I have usable '76 stuff on its way and the remaining pieces from the '75 available for sale. Please let me know if you want/need anything. I'm just trying to make some of my investment back from the parts car and hopefully can help others complete their projects. I'm going to let stuff go cheap if I don't need it.

Thanks all!

Joe

joecaristo

Joe Caristo

fanbladeus

I'm in the detroit, MI area.    Is there a way to denote that on your profile so you can tell?

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Joe:

Just follow these steps:

1.   Login to the CLC Message Forum
2.   Click the "Profile" link in the main menu
3.    Click the "Forum Profile" link in the pull down menu
4.   In the appropriate box enter the changes you desire.
5.   Click on the button in the lower right hand corner entitled: “Change Profile”.   By clicking this button you will preserve the changes that you just made to your profile.

Good luck.

Bill Hedge, CLC #14424
Message Board Administrator
Cadillac & La Salle Club

d307p

I have a 1976 Eldorado Convertible and need the passenger site rod that goes into the sunvisor plus the extension going into the windshield frame.  My sunvisor would just drop down and apparently the part going into the sunvisor just spins.  My mechanic drilled the rod and inserted a screw to keep it up, but I cannot use it and it does not position the whole way up. 

If you will not need this part, I would be interested.  Thanks

Dave Presto

Dave Presto CLC#27070
Mount Joy, PA
1977 Coupe Deville
1989 Brougham Monarch Firemist
2003 Oldsmobile Bravada
2012 Durango Citadel (Wife's)

Scot Minesinger

Hi,

I'm interested in the climate control parts: Refrigeration hoses (all three with all the brackets and clips - there are about four or five a few very small ones by condenser), the compressor w/bracket that fastens to intake manifold, hunk of aluminum under compressor with bolts, the dash climate control unit (easy to remove, drop lower dash cover, three screws unplug and it is out), the programmer (behind glove box, remove glove box liner, three screws, loosen rod linkage unplug and it is out), and the VIR valve.  If you want to save time, cut the evap tubing connections with saw and send VIR and hoses together.  I want all these parts as cores to re-build - not counting on them being good.

Thanks,

703-283-2021
Scot
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

fanbladeus

Sorry I've been out getting ready for the Dream Cruise the past week+.    I plan on spending a day this week pulling parts so I should be able to get parts out to you shortly.

I don't need the visors so yes the part you need is available please PM me.   

I would like to hold on to the AC parts as my mechanic is getting mine up and running three weeks from now and I'm not sure what parts I may need.   Once I'm up and running its all fair game.

Scot Minesinger

On the a/c parts that is fine, I'm in no rush and they are cores only anyway.  Does it have cruise?  If so interested in the small shaped pie vacuum actuator in back of valve cover driver side.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty