News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1940 Lasalle series 52 sedan

Started by yachtflame, August 26, 2015, 10:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yachtflame

Ok, I bought the Lasalle from PA that was listed here a few weeks ago. I had planned to part it out but once I got it home I began to check it out better. The car is solid! No rust, no dents, the undercarriage is clean and straight. I spent two days cleaning the car, changing the oil and cleaning the engine. The fuel tank is solid and is holding 20-25 year old gas. I got the engine started and it now purrs like a kitten, even with old gas! It idles with 25 lbs oil pressure. Pressure goes up to 40 lbs with engine revving. I opened the master cylinder and it was empty. I filled it and bled out the brakes and they work!
The car is missing all the exterior hardware except the gas cap, one door handle and 5 hub caps. The interior has all it's hardware and the radio even works!
The headliner is in nice shape but the seat covers are torn. The doors close nice and solid. The tires hold air but are really just rollers.
I drove the car around for about two hours at a local farm and it works too well to part out. I see most of the hardware on ebay for about $700.
The car is in 25 year old primer which has some bleed through and will need to be repreped before painting.
If any body is interested in this car for $2200, contact me at yachtflame@yahoo.com  or call me at 340-998-5199
Wayne Elsworth
CLC#17075
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

Tom Knoebel

Tom Knoebel

1939 LaSalle 5019, 1940 5019, 1940 5019, 1940 5011

yachtflame

My pix files are too large to post more then one at a time. This car is a solid running and braking car. I'd hate to have to part it out!
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

yachtflame

Another pix
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

yachtflame

Here's another pix. Anybody interested before I part it out? This old girl runs nice!
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075