News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Ultra Rare 1974 Fleetwood Brougham Talisman w/leather

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, March 10, 2016, 06:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Just stumbled across this in Hemmings:

Never saw a Talisman with leather before but I understand a few were built.

Very unique. 

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/cadillac/fleetwood/1816918.html#PhotoSwipe1457653578683
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Rich S

What a beautiful car! Eric, a few years ago, there was an ad on e-bay with another '74 Fleetwood Talisman with Leather interior in a similar color combination. It was offered from San Clemente, California, and the seller claimed the Talisman with Leather could only be ordered in that color and in model year '74. If I recall, it featured a dark gold firemist standard color offered in '74--possibly the same as this one offered for sale.
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

jwjohnson86

Looks amazing!  Quite a survivor.  Is the price reasonable?  No photos of the underbody to evaluate any rust or corrosion.  Interior is like a rolling leather sofa.
1970 DeVille Convertible 472 cid

http://bit.ly/1NhHpdt

D.Smith

It was only available in 74.  It was offered in dark blue or Medium Saddle.

Does anybody know how much Talisman w/leather cost? 

Dan LeBlanc

I read somewhere +/- $2400 where the standard Talisman was +/- $1800
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Dan LeBlanc

Dan LeBlanc

Acc to the inflation calculator, $2,361 in 1974 is $11,346 today.

A lot of money for a interior upgrade alone.

Dan...with a black exterior, it would be a perfect companion to your '61!

*Just noticed - looks like even the door panels are genuine leather too.

Jon S

Did you notice that both rear body filler panels are totally missing - most shots start at missing piece forward.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

chrisntam

............ooooooohhhhhh dat leather look comfy....................

I bet it smelled good back in the day.

8)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

David Greenburg

If I had the space, I'd buy it, take the doors off and put it in my living room.  But it won't fit in my house, or in my garage.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Scot Minesinger

Thanks for finding this!  Always wondered if the upholstery pattern was different for leather, as it sometimes was for Cadillacs of the 1970's.  If ever encounter a Talisman that needs re-upholstered it can be redone in leather if desired.  Just changed my 1970 SDV from cloth to leather including the changing to the wood inserts on doors and dash.  The original seats are saved in case anyone wanted to return it to original.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Upper door panels would need to be redone in leather to be correct.

Maynard Krebs

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Dan...with a black exterior...
/quote]

BLACK???  YUCK!  Gets hot as hades and shows all the dust!

Scot Minesinger

Black exterior is not bad at all.  My 1995 Fleetwood daily driver that traveled over 254k miles was black exterior with black leather interior.  Granted, there was a California duster in my trunk that was used every other day. 

For a hobby car mainly driven in summer, a black interior is to be avoided, but they can be OK with a good a/c system.  Black interior on a convertible is a deal killer for me though, as I am a top down guy.

Eric, your right upper door panels would need to be done too if changing to leather, but that would be the easiest part of the job.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

chrisntam

$12k seems to be more than a fair price, wonder why it hasn't sold?

Ya know, 12 thousand just doesn't buy what it used to.   :o
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Dan LeBlanc

Black exterior with this interior, I agree, would compliment my ebony/fawn 61 Fleetwood very well.  With a/c, having it operational would be a must for me as I like everything to work on my cars, so the black would be a bonus, not a detraction for me.  My '04 deVille, '09 Navigator, (both with black interiors) and my '61 Fleetwood are all black, and, while they demand a little more attention to keep them looking spiffy, it's worth it to me as I love black.

That said, in one of the Facebook Cadillac groups I follow, it has been mentioned that the car has been sold and was on its way to its new owner over the weekend.  Hopefully the poster in the FB group will chime in shortly.
Dan LeBlanc

chrisntam

Funny thing about black.

There is only one black (excepting gloss/matte/flat) and there are infinite shades of all the other colors.

Discovered that while working at the auto parts store that sold paint back in the day.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

There was a time when I thought the same thing but I've since found that's not invariably true.

One thing that's for certain is that this car would be worth a lot more in black on black; triple black bringing the most - or 2x black w/red leather. (Either of those would have needed to be SO of course).