News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hotel booking problems for the 2017 Grand National

Started by johnregrus, August 08, 2016, 10:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Youshock

Detroit was PACKED.  I doubt anything will top its attendance in my lifetime. 
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

David King (kz78hy)

Nothing good to say about trying to make reservations.  Total mess.

!st attempt got as far as getting 7/31 to 8/6 and given them a CC number, then got disconnected and must not have completed the process as it did not show up.  Next two trys ended with a disconnection and  being told that Monday is not available.  On the 4th try and being told the same thing about the 8/1 not being available, I just decided to take what was there and figure to change it later once they figure out how to get the 7/31 & 8/1 open.

That is one messed up system.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Jason Edge

- At 8:00am and throughout rest of the day the link has not worked.
- At 8:01am  I called the main Hilton 1-800 # and after about 15 minutes of negotiating my way with a Hilton Rep that obviously did not speak or understand English very well, I was told the entire block was sold out. I assumed they simply had not made the link active and/or made the group booking available to their system.
- I later received emails that rooms were not available, rooms would be available, rooms had been added and rooms were available, rooms were being booked, and all sorts of twisted, convoluted hotel reservation tales.
- So, at 12:32pm I decided to call back, and bare and grin it... and exactly 16 minutes later I had booked the standard $129 room from Sun, July 30 to Sun, Aug 6 and had a confirmation #.  I was told only 3 rooms were left. I DID NOT ask any questions! I got off the phone with my confirmation # in hand and was just glad to be past this ordeal.  :D
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Exec Vice President
1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - https://6364cadillac.ning.com
Carolina Region Webmaster - https://cr-clc.ning.com
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Scot Minesinger

OK, I guess we better search for a back up hotel, we thought for sure 400 rooms would be enough
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

JerRita

I was able to make a reservation with much difficulty [ very poor English skills] this morning from Hilton's reservation # but only from August 1st -6th they wouldn't let me book July 31st I called the hotel and they couldn't add to my reservation I asked for a supervisor and was given the runaround I emailed Hilton and got NO reply What a mess I'm glad I got what I got I hope the GN goes better JeRita
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I almost feel left out that I did not have any problems - and on the first shot at that.

I'll probably be paying for it later... ::)

Accommodation issues aside, I am glad to see so much enthusiasm within the CLC!  8) 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Chuck Swanson

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on August 08, 2016, 09:40:32 PM
I almost feel left out that I did not have any problems - and on the first shot at that.

I'll probably be paying for it later... ::)

Accommodation issues aside, I am glad to see so much enthusiasm within the CLC!  8)

Same here, called Hilton 800# at 8:05am, no problems.
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I got the guy that was Rajech's cousin, and finally he got to understand "flagship hotel". Had trouble with August/September, but I finally got a confirmation # for the correct dates and year, and printed several copies. I'm sorry for you guys that had problems. Watch this space. I'm sure the hosts will come up with something for you.

When Les Bannon and I got the idea for this type of show back in the 70s, we had a seedy two story motel on 16th street in Indianapolis and the draw was a trip around the track. (To Hoosiers, there is only one...)

We never dreamed of a meet that would sell out the hotel in less than a day.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Scot Minesinger

Will check later today again; hotel has about 100 rooms left for Thursday, Friday and Saturday (where the 400 rooms are reserved).  The Monday thru Wednesday nights (where less rooms are reserved) are sold out.  We will be reserving more rooms for Monday thru Wednesday.  This info is of last evening, and it may have changed since then.  Act quickly.

We are now actively searching for an over flow hotel.

Scot Minesinger

We modified our agreement with Hilton and more rooms are available for nights prior to Thursday.  Bottom line keep trying, keep checking.

Lucas Feininger #15674

Scott in case no one else says it thank you for all the work you and the 2017 GN committee are doing to make this happen. Grand Nationals always have a few "speed bumps" but as someone who has been on the committee for 2 GNs (New England 2000 and 2013) I know how much work this is and we all know you are trying your best to make this a success!
Lucas Feininger
1965 Sedan de Ville
1965 Eldorado
2014 SRX
CLC #15674

"The only way to travel is Cadillac style"

Jay Friedman

I agree with Lucas.  Hang in there, Scot, the 2017 GN will be great.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Dan LeBlanc

Jay and Lucas are right.  Now matter how well thought out the plan is, something will give a slight hiccup along the way.

If we're bombarding Hilton's reservations system and this close to sold out already, I think it's a good problem to have!!!
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

JerRita

I tried to add July 31 to me reservation that was made at 8:08 Monday and the attendant said the block was only 8-1 to 8-6 Hilton kept telling me NO rooms so I called the hotel directly and got a very nice American girl who was able to help me. Thanks for the help JeRita
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs

David King (kz78hy)

I tried tonight and no luck to change the reservation to add 2 earlier days.  The lady suggested to call during business hours to speak w/one of the managers, so I will try that tomorrow.  This is harder than it should be.

David

David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I am surprised that Hilton would use operators that can barely understand English. I try to be as tolerant as possible in dealing with such, but this group was really not suited for making reservations for a premium hotel chain.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

The Tassie Devil(le)

I suppose they use them because not everyone in America speaks English. ;)

Heck, when I was there, I found some areas difficult to understand, and I speak perfect English, even though some people say I have an accent myself that is hard to understand.   I can understand myself every time.

There should be some sort of software that listens to the persons' voice, then directs that call to a similar dialectic person.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jeff Wilk

No luck here either in getting a room for ANY night at the host hotel....and I'm even in their "club" as a frequent traveler on business.  Told that the entire hotel is now sold out.  I missed doing this earlier in the week as I was attending the Vintage Chevrolet Club's 55th Anniversary National Meet out in Lake Tahoe.....I believe over 200 cars there and nearly 600 attendees and that was up in the Sierra Mountains!!!!

No worries here though as there are LOTS and LOTS of other hotels in the immediate area guys.....just plug in Tysons Corner, VA Hotels in your google search and you will have lots of options.

Question for the Meet Organizers though.....for those bringing a car who can't stay at the Host hotel can the club arrange a shuttle service that runs frequently to the other area hotels?  This way we can still park our Cadillacs and trailers if we have them at the Host hotel to keep them all together, and then still have a way to get back to our "backup" hotels?

Bottom-Line I think it's great that there is such an interest in the meet a full year in advance.  Keep it going guys and kudos to the Meet Chair and Committee for such a response already!!!!

Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Scot Minesinger

All,

We are negotiating with surrounding area hotels to try and get a rate similar to the Hilton.  This is a business area and usually Friday and Saturday nights are dead and easy to get a good rate.  Plus August is dead in Washington, so that helps also.  The two closest hotels are less than a half mile away (10 minute walk): Marriott Courtyard and Crowne Plaza.  We need to get a negotiated rate or it may be much more than the Hilton.

It is not unusual also for some people to cancel late on.  We will be following up with people who have made reservations to make sure they also register for GN.  Some rooms may become available later as some cancel.  We will try to keep everyone notified. 

okccadman

I just called and was 1st told rooms were not available yet because the block hadnt been released for the CLC, then after beieng on hol 10 minutes  that only King rooms were booked by the club for the event, then another 10 minutes and I was  for the event and they are sold out Tues and Wed.  All in all it was a nightmare and I finally just gave up and decided to try later.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham