News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

2012 CTS coupe splash/mud guards DON'T EXIST!

Started by car junkie, December 02, 2017, 01:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

car junkie

Just bought one of these and I cannot believe no one makes molded splash guards for these cars.

Someone tell me I am wrong!

looked and looked, found nothing.

tripwire

Nope, they don't exist.  Back when I bought my 2013 CTS Coupe I looked around for them as well.  I was told the rear ones for a sedan can be used on the rear of a coupe but I didn't see the point of doing half a job.

Someone on the Cadillacowners forum suggested using these:  https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=2111
I didn't care for the price for something I would have to paint to match just made me decide to go without.  In the almost 4 years I've discovered I don't really need them.

Good Luck.

WParo in VT
Driving now:
2023 XT4 Luxury
1940 LaSalle 5229 C4D

A few I used to drive:
1976 Cadillac Ambulance
1969 Cadillac Hearse, Superior Body
1966 Buick Wildcat Hearse
1957 Ford Thunderbird x 3, 1 E code, 2 D code
1956 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 Sedan
1949 Mercury Convertible
1949 Mercury Coupe, Mild Custom
1936 Buick Special Sedan

car junkie

Thanks!

I was looking at C7 Vette guards but yeah that price is a problem especially for a shot in the dark.

My car instantly got filthy on what I thought were relatively dry roads on the way home after buying the car. Upon general mud guard searches on ebay looking for something that might work an fit well. I decided to go with some new model Malibu guards. Looks like with some fitting they just might work and fit well. Cheap enough to try anyway. I'll post a pic if I end up using them. Going for the front only at this point.

tripwire

Driving now:
2023 XT4 Luxury
1940 LaSalle 5229 C4D

A few I used to drive:
1976 Cadillac Ambulance
1969 Cadillac Hearse, Superior Body
1966 Buick Wildcat Hearse
1957 Ford Thunderbird x 3, 1 E code, 2 D code
1956 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 Sedan
1949 Mercury Convertible
1949 Mercury Coupe, Mild Custom