News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1967 Eldorado, $12.5k in OK

Started by 67_Eldo, May 10, 2018, 08:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67_Eldo

Not mine. But I was thinking about making it mine. (My 67 is now too fundamentally solid for me to abandon.)

The Holy Grail red Eldo slick top! With a seemingly perfect interior (except for the ever-present oxidation on the dashboard-mounted map-light grille).

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/d/1967-cadillac-eldorado/6579944276.html

As one who has been inspecting the 67 Eldo closely, here are some things to consider:

* The lower front bumper has been dinged. Not badly, but the egg crate has been disturbed around the front license plate holder.

* It is a front-drum-brake car. From a long-term-maintenance standpoint, this could actually be a good thing.

* No cruise control.

* I'd want close-up pics of the area around the rear window and above the windshield to see if there are any tiny rust bubbles. As it is, though, the pics look good.

* Some mention of what has or hasn't been done to the transmission.

Somebody please buy it so I can stop thinking about it! :-)

okccadman

This car belongs to a friend of mine and I see it regularly at car shows.  Im happy to get detailed pics for you.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

67_Eldo

No no no! Don't tempt me! :-)

Thanks for the offer but after triple checking my already-damaged budget, I decided that I really need to stick with my own '67 Eldorado.

Thanks again!

James Landi

67_Eldo

Quote from: James Landi on May 10, 2018, 08:05:05 PM
How can you pass this one up??????????????
My Eldo resistance is bolstered by the fact that I just bought a (cheap) Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce to tide me over until my Eldorado once again sports window glass all around. :-)

BJM

It is always nice when a forum member can provide a 1st hand account.  It is a very nice car. 

Those front bumpers are fortified and it would take awhile to disassemble, straighten and rechrome.  I would live with some grille bending down that low. 

Deauville cloth aka Houndstooth, my favorite, and combined with red makes this a Cadillac "sports car". 

The drum brakes are not robust, but this car is not going to be driven hard.  Monitor distances between cars accordingly!   80,000 miles.