News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Cadillac Series 62 - First restore

Started by wpbennett, November 08, 2018, 01:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Page,
I have a pair of the floor heaters. Good used, dry stored for years. $150 pair plus shipping. Please advise. Thanks, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

carlhungness

Rhode Island wiring has sure received magnificent reviews over the years for wiring harnesses. Personally, I'd call and tell them you want to install some 12 volt accessories and ask if they can construct a harness that will accommodate your additions.
       You should consider turn signals for sure.

Steve Passmore

Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

wpbennett

It's been a while but the work is still going on. Life happens and this got put on hold but I'm able to get back at it again.

Unfortunately once I got the engine out the block is cracked. Now I have to look at my options and make a decision whether to find another 346 or go with a newer drive train.

I'm planning on converting to a 12 volt system and adding a/c and a few other comforts.

Just a bit about the car as I was taking it apart the tranny is for a 49 lincoln and the flywheel was marked as a 47 cad so I'm not working with the original drive train

Any thing to watch out for or lessons that have been learned along the way will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

harry s

Sorry about the unexpected crack in your engine block. If you decide to stick with the 346 there was a complete running engine (rebuilt I think) advertised on here several months ago for less than the cost of a rebuild. Also I have a '41 bare block available. Good luck.      Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

wpbennett

Harry,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep this info in mind as I look at my options.

Scott Anderson CLC#26068

Quote from: wpbennett on November 23, 2018, 07:26:58 PM
Quick update on the project

A few pics of the take down process.

Looks like one of the blowers for the under seat heaters in gone.
Got a few extra thing in the back of one of the seats.
Is this a factory seat color for a delux?
Any suggestions for the rear arm rests?

Working while the weather lets me, hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

I have the bracket for the missing fan motor (and perhaps a few other bits I can look for) after doing the heaters in my car. I'd be willing to just give them to you for the shipping. Drop me a line at sanderson1962email addresses not permitted if you're interested.
1941 Cadillac 6267X Convertible Coupe
2014 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe