News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

75 Fleetwood - $5000 - 59,000 miles

Started by BJM, February 04, 2019, 09:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/lomira-1975-cadillac/6803937944.html

Buyer beware! - Reels you in with some good information, then says at the end "has a few dings and dents and a little rust" while providing only 4 photos, none of which show any wear, of course. 

SixDucks

It appears the coach lamps are missing as well.
I've been looking for this model in this exact color for some time but after following the expense of " The Ark's" roof repair, this one seems  very risky.

Terry
Current:
1941 coupe
1962 Fleetwood
1988 Brougham
Previous:
1956 Series 62 Sedan
1963 Fleetwood
1975 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance
1989 Brougham

STS05lg

Terry, in 1975 the coach lights were an option on the Fleetwood Brougham,  standard with the de'elegante package. I believe that car is a Fleetwood Brougham. Only thing I noticed is there is what looks like plastic Crome door edge guards on the lip of the trunk lid. Only the Talisman had Crome edge guard along the full length of the outer edge of the trunk lid. On all other midels it was just over the license plate. Also the script on the "c" panel looks original, it is almost impossible for the shop to get that script imbedded in the vynal top on the "c" pillar if the top has been replaced. Interior looks really clean. But Bryan is correct, the pictures do not show enough. If it is close to you it might be worth a look.

jagbuxx #12944

I think this one is actually a d’Elegance, interior has the Medici covered upper door pads, the thicker trim molding above the carpeting on the door panel, thicker floor carpeting. Outside, the stand up wreath and crest, turbine wheel discs and the thick padded top.
Opera lights were an option according to the specifications book while contradicted in the brochure.
I’ve never seen/heard of a full width deck lid molding on Talismans as well.
Nothing is listed in the master parts book either, group 12.182....
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

To my knowledge opera lamps were standard on Fleetwood Brougham; optional on Coupe deVille.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

jagbuxx #12944

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on February 05, 2019, 12:12:04 PM
To my knowledge opera lamps were standard on Fleetwood Brougham; optional on Coupe deVille.
Optional on the Fleetwood, not available on Coupes until 1976...
Frank Burns #12944
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

STS05lg

Frank, thanks for confirming the optional coach lights. My reference book shows it as optional on Fleetwood except the de'elegante and Talisman. I am attaching a photo of the full length trunk lid edge molding on my Talisman. It is a 1976. I know it is original to the car. It most likely was an ASC specific part. Thanks, Lynn

jagbuxx #12944

Frank Burns #12944
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

James Landi

Could be a really nice buy... even if not perfect, apparently the a/c  is working... the rear end looks as if the alc is functioning as well.  Would be interesting to know more about this car's condition.    James

BJM

Yes I am pessimistic having been burned on my 2000 Eldorado condition as well as some reports on cars I have posted that others have seen in person.

Sellers always seem to leave out the negatives.  This seller reports some issues but has no photos.

It looks pretty nice and if a person adds up the $ he has put into it and the low mileage it should be a good purchase. 

INTMD8

Nice find. This car at first glance looks pretty good for the money. I see some rust in the door jamb but otherwise (from the limited pics) looks pretty decent.

Tempted to go look at it but not feeling motivated to make the hour and a half drive  :P

BJM