News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Kelsey Tires Revisited

Started by Paul W Allen CLC# 20193, January 09, 2005, 06:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul W Allen CLC# 20193

I didnt get any negatives on a previous post concerning the Kelsey Tires, so I went ahead and ordered a set of 5. There Goodyear Radials with a 31/2" White wall. Arrived by Fedex in 3 days after ordering. The weather is lousy here in Mass now, so it will be a while until I get them mounted and tested out. Ill let you know how they perform. They have to be better than the rock hard bias plys that are on there now!

Paul
53 Coupe
Dynaflow

JIM CLC # 15000

01-09-04
Paul, if the shop you have install the tires, have a re-treading machine, you may want them to "true" the tire to be perfitly round. You will be surprised at how much better it rides!
Good Luck, Jim

Doug Lansing

I just read your old message about your new set of Kelsey tires. I was wondering about your results if the tires have been on the car for a while.  Im getting ready to buy a new set of radials for my 49 and am trying to not make any mistakes.  Many thanks. DL

Paul W Allen CLC #20193

Doug,

All I can say is that I have no complaints. Ride and handling are so much better than the old Bias Plys. The White Walls clean up easily. Cant say that they are any better than the other brands, but so far, so good.

Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine.