News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'75 Eldorado Radiator

Started by benji808, October 21, 2021, 07:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benji808

All the places I have looked are out of stock, and several that say they fit are actually too short (it's a 32"-33" core). Any leads appreciated!

The Tassie Devil(le)

I purchased a radiator for a '71 Eldorado from Rock Auto.

Brass/copper and fitted perfectly.

Purchased a Heavy Duty one for my '72 for when the original needs replacement, but I have to do a little bit of cutting and welding to the Right side Radiator support to fit it in.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   Checking with Rock Auto just now, it looks like all they have is Aluminium ones, and half of them are out of stock.   Maybe Chinese?

PPS.   Another reason to talk to a local radiator shop about having yours re-cored.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

benji808

Thanks! Yeah- think I will try to find a repair shop tomorrow and price that out.

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Ben,

From what i have heard when people have previously brought up this, the cost is high, but still worth it.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

benji808

Dropping my radiator off for a rebuild tomorrow. Spent hours looking and the only thing I could find instock online that had (I think) the right dimensions was sold by NAPA in Canada...seems like a lot of ones this size have been discontinued. Almost ordered the one from Canada through a "reship" service, but realized that it was a single row, "1-1/4" depth, down from the oem 3 row 2"...from what I gather rows matter less than depth, but that's almost a 50% reduction in depth, and I didn't want to chance it. Rebuilder says it may take a couple weeks due to core availability, which isn't awesome, but hey, guess it gives me time to replace the fan clutch and water pump  ;D