News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Pedals dissassembly

Started by MadMac920, March 30, 2024, 01:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMac920

Hello all! Im new here to the group amd glad to be apart of it! I recently picked up a 1937 lasalle 5 passenger sedan. Its been obviously reworked at some point in time as its got a 331 and a column shift.

Heres my dillemma, the pedals. For whateber reason after dissassembling the pins and the pedals from all hookups, the brake pedal is moving freely, but will for whatever reason not come off of the shaft attatched to the frame. It seems as if some older style of bushing has corroded so bad, its stuck to the inner of the pedal, but not stuck onto the shaft. Any help at all? I am completely stumped. My next go is to torch the bushing and see if it will melt out while trying not to damage anything else. Thanks! Macfarland.