News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz floor mats

Started by raul.kolk, April 03, 2024, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raul.kolk

Hi there!

I have browsed around and seen all kinds of floor mats available for the model in question. I also took a quick look at the authenticity guide, which doesn't seem to mention mats. Can anyone specify what they might have been like originally?

Were they only available in the listed colors? I am really tempted to have them made of carpet material to match it.

Were there any logos or bindings? If so, what kind and size were they?

MPL_51.0401_P1162.jpg

1957 1958 CADILLAC ELDORADO (EXCEPT ELDORADO BROUGHAM) CARPET FLOOR MATS 4 PIECES (MULTIPLE COLORS AND OPTIONS) REPRODUCTION FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA

Warren Rauch #4286

Cadillac supplied mats were Rubber ,not carpet. The shapes you picture are far from right for the front mats.
    The rear mats , were available  at least by 1955,if not 1954. they were rectangular with the short,wide crest  and vee  in the middle and an flat area around them. Grooves side to side ..  The flat area is has semicircle ends and lines top and bottom are parallel. With a flat border around the mat edge.
    The 1957 left front was made to fit around the gas pedal and brake rod.In 1958 it needed a little modification for the brake rod (see Serviceman 1958 Supp#3) . The right was a  trapezoid , grooves top to bottom. The crest and v are in a true oval in flat area. With a Flat border around the mat edge.
   From Cadillac parts and accessories Bulletin #747 (Feb5,1958) "now being shipped....feature a new V and Crest insignia   in harmonizing colored rubber"  A new color gray was added to black,white,blue and green. The rear mats are now 21 7/16" x 17 3/16" The brown color was added in March 1958.
    There is a picture of the mats in Cadillac Accelerator  Nov 1957.

Warren

Jon S

Precisely as Warren Rauch states. I have the Factory mats in my 1958 should you need details
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

raul.kolk

Quote from: Jon S on April 04, 2024, 05:34:02 PMPrecisely as Warren Rauch states. I have the Factory mats in my 1958 should you need details
Yes, I would love some. Do you happen to have any photos?