News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Want To Buy - Parts / 37n Lasalle top shifter parts ...
Last post by mike mccagh - Today at 02:52:27 PM
need the bell-shaped piece that fastens/secures the shifter handle to the main case of a 37 top shifter. thank, mike mccagh text at 301 777 0089
General Discussion / Re: Wanted: CLC Escalade Owner...
Last post by Jason Edge - Today at 02:34:43 PM
Bryan, your questions were valid. It actually gave me a chance to show that us Escalade owners can be as passionate about our newer Cadillacs as we are with the older ones.

I will give you a specific example where I am again more concerned with the maintenance and preservation of the Escalades vs my 1964 Coupe de Ville.

My AC compressor went out in the 2002 EXT a while back and it and several other items, including the radiator, were immediately replaced at Thompson Cadillac to the tune of a lot of Benjamins.

Contrast that with the 64. I have had the heater hardwired bypassing the comfort control since I bought it. The Comfort Control system is on my to do list. I will get to it ... but am in no hurry.

Now if the 2013 EXT's AC goes out it gets fixed immediately. Anything either Escalade EXT needs to keep them in top shape, they get.
For Sale - Parts / 1957? Carb, Intake, Air cleane...
Last post by Poncholover - Today at 01:17:43 PM
These parts need to be cleaned up first but I will post photos soon.
They were represents to me as '57, the carb has no tag present but looks quite clean. Intake is very nice too. Willing to separate, cost to follow.
This rig should be yard driving this summer... So time to resume parts hunting :)
Does anyone have under seat heater interchange data for a 1940?
I may have some 41+ Buick heaters available, would these do me any good?
All good points Jason.  I 100% agree that having a chapter will aid in maintenance and repair information.  If it takes a chapter to accomplish that, then that is a good reason.

Carfreak - I have not disparaged the Escalade. I have questioned their collectibility and need for a chapter, or why a chapter.  In so doing Jason and I have had a civil discussion regarding the concept.   

I spoke up and a discussion was started.  My thinking was - as the thread was heading down in the posts with no comments- that said a lot. A lot of dis-interest and 95% of readers never post thoughts.

You can not compare my interest in a chapter for the last generation of Eldorado/Sevilles with a badge engineered SUV.  As John McEnroe said "you can't be serious?!"   I do respect that you did a deep dive into my past comments to try and bolster your position. 

1992 to 2005 Eldorados and Sevilles are one of the last, if not the last, clean sheet made in America Cadillacs.  They stuck the big middle finger to Mercedes, Lexus and BMW in their beautiful American design, power and driving experience. 

While the Northstar had issues, the total package did not.  And everything was Cadillac.  GM doesn't have the money to allow the Escalade to have a Cadillac drivetrain only.

Again I did not disparage the Escalade as you purport.  I questioned the relevance of a stand alone chapter, which has been pleasantly discussed. 

The thread where I mentioned that chapters and creating more is a good idea - not sure why you wanted to mention that 65-66 are way down on your list. OK. That's fine. I clearly advocated for more groups/chapters, not MY group. 

Best to you today. 
General Discussion / 74 Eldorado, convertible shou...
Last post by danjarrett1 - Today at 01:01:56 PM
Top has been a little slow coming up, lubed, good motor, good relay. Noticed a fair amount of shank showing in the shoulder bolts that carry the lion's share of the weight on this heavy contraption. We attached photos of the areas of concern. What I do not know....and can't find any evidence whatsoever of how it should be, ....is this normal "play" in the shoulder bolt...or not?
I will try to attach a pic for your review. Several places where there is a gap between structure and the hood skin
General Discussion / Re: Wiring
Last post by "Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364 - Today at 11:52:26 AM
Pardon my ignorance but why on earth would you put a 368 into a car that had a 425 in it. You are going to end up with a vastly under powered car and the mileage will probably be worse, since the 368 is going to have to work a lot harder than the original engine?
Greg Surfas
Restoration Corner / Re: Carl 61 Fleetwood Phyllis
Last post by Clewisiii - Today at 11:26:57 AM
I am 95% positive that Schwinds does not have these.

I asked a year ago and in email they said they order after order. But their website says in stock.

They have been tormenting me with their listing showing up every time I try to search.

So I ordered a set so that they will realize their mistake and drop the listing like my order to summit racing, and opgi before them.

But hey if there is a 5% chance they find they have a leftover set I will be happy.
Screenshot_20240428-110151.jpg
General Discussion / Re: Wiring
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 11:00:14 AM
James, in this case it going the other direction than you did.  You had a non computer engine into a computer car and kept the computer.  This case its a computer engine into a non computer car.

Air compressor I assume you are referring to the air conditioning compressor?  Top front center of the engine?  Under there is the coolant temp sensor.  Old engine/car should have had one there too, a single wire one that runs the dash light.  Computer engine would expect to have had that plus an additional 2 wire sensor for the computer.   I would transfer the sensor from your old engine to this engine.  The port under the AC and near the distributor base are in the same coolant passage so either or both can be used.  IF there is a sensor sticking out of the passenger side behind the water pump that is also basically the same passage too.