News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Arpege Lanvin # 829 & 828 Perfume & Original Show Level '57-58 Eldorado Brougham Vanities

Started by ksmith, July 07, 2015, 07:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksmith

I am the former owner of a 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (car # 117) and former club member.  Many years ago I also collected the rarest of the rare Arpege #829 Lanvin Perfume with atomizer from fellow Brougham enthusiasts.  I have five. Three are the most rare, new, still in box with original wrapper.  Two 829s are in original box but no original wrapper.  Both are nearly full.  I suspect if not entirely full it's from evaporation.  I also have one instruction leaflet for assembly and using the atomizer.  All contain the appropriate markings and mother & child intaglio and all are in excellent condition, suitable for show.  You may find detailed information re what is correct on the cadillac database here:  http://cadillacdatabase.com/dbas_txt/brg08.htm.  If you look up my car on the database you can see some of the vanities I had with that car and Yann's comments regarding them.

I also have available fourteen original 828 replacement one ounce Arpege Lanvin perfumes, some unopened with original box and cellophane. 

Otherwise, I have FIVE (sorry, not six) correct original shot glasses in an unmarked plastic holder and a correct original flannel bag for the Evans doublesided makeup/vanity case (I do not have the makeup case).  I also have a Cadillac Luma-Nite Auto Emergency Light from the Stewart Company in St. Louis in original plastic box in excellent condition with original directions.  Finally, I have an extremely rare Cadillac Data Book (1957) which contains information on various cars including the Eldorado Brougham.  It's dark blue vinyl six ring with Cadillac and logo on the front and measures 6 1/4"w  x 8 1/4h x 1 1/4 w specifically for 1957, including  a section of 37 pages devoted exclusively to the Eldorado Brougham.

Rather than put a price on any one item, I would rather you let me know what you would be willing to bid for your particular needs and any questions you might have.  I'm happy to supply detailed photos of the item(s) you want to consider once I know your needs.  For the bargain hunters, these will not be cheap, as they are the real deal and in excellent condition.  So hopefully with that warning and looking at the cadillac database we can save some time.  Feel free to email me directly at kcsmithlj@mac.com or simply use the post.  I'm also available to discuss needs, price, etc. by phone with serious buyers.

Best of luck to all.
k. smith