News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

tempary safety tail lights for old cars

Started by lasalle38, September 03, 2010, 12:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasalle38

Just something to share for those scared to drive with those 6 volt tiny tail lights.
My invention for my 38 Lasalle: 
I bought the magnetic towing tail lights found in the cheap tool catalogs and fashioned them with 6 volt double filiment bulbs. Then I made angle brackets out of light steel. The brackets have a flat round surface to sit the magnets on and attatch to the bumper bolts that stick past the nuts on the rear of the bumper. I installed a flat plug trailer harness to the cars harness and tucked it up behind the rear pan.
When getting to a cruse or show I simply pull the plug, take the magnetic lights off their brackes and all that is left is the little round bracket. If desired I can easily remove the bracket since they are held  on by a wing nuts.
Now I can stay later at night instead of leaving before the fun is over.
DRIVE THOSE OLD CARS DON'T LET THEM SIT HOME UNDER A COVER FOR SOMEONE ELSE  TO ENJOY WHEN YOUR GONE.
I hope this is of some help to people with the same safety concerns I have. Love the hobby and enjoy this site.
   Happy Motoring, Art Hawk Alpha, NJ

Art  Hawk Alpha NJ. email: lasalle38@msn.com

Don Boshara #594

Bill Hirsch has 6v halogen bulbs that are 50% brighter than originals, hardly draw more juice, and fit the same sockets.
1940 Sixty Special
1966 Mustang Cpe