News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 rubber hoses

Started by Bronze, November 30, 2022, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronze

Hi,
On my 1956 firewall (and lots of other years) there are 2 big covers where the air from the blowers comes in. Each of those covers have a rubber hose connected in one lower corner. The hoses just point downwards to open air to let any moist/water build up escape. I just can't find these hoses for sale but i am probably using the wrong terminology searching for them, Anyone know a reasonable name for them or even better a place to buy them. Of course I could jut use a piece of straight hose but these are molded and a straight hose would look ugly.

J. Gomez

Quote from: Bronze on November 30, 2022, 05:39:09 PMHi,
On my 1956 firewall (and lots of other years) there are 2 big covers where the air from the blowers comes in. Each of those covers have a rubber hose connected in one lower corner. The hoses just point downwards to open air to let any moist/water build up escape. I just can't find these hoses for sale but i am probably using the wrong terminology searching for them, Anyone know a reasonable name for them or even better a place to buy them. Of course I could jut use a piece of straight hose but these are molded and a straight hose would look ugly.

Martin,

You can used a regular straight water heater hose to extend these opening downward, unless you are lucky and finding the ones with the correct bends and cut them to size.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Check out the drain hoses they sell for automatic washers.
They have an "L shaped" end and are the correct diameter.
Not a perfect match but close.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Roger Zimmermann

The 1957 & 58 drain hoses are reproduced by Mastermind. Unfortunately, not for 1954 to 56
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Andrew Trout

Quote from: J. Gomez on November 30, 2022, 06:08:52 PMMartin,

You can used a regular straight water heater hose to extend these opening downward, unless you are lucky and finding the ones with the correct bends and cut them to size.

Good luck..!

NAPA sells hoses with a 90ยบ bend in them. I don't know the inner diameter for your model so some additional legwork may be required. I have a set on my '61 convertible and have had zero issues with them. Link: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBH9809
Rochester, NY
1961 Convertible

Bronze

"Drain hoses" Thanks! And thanks for the confirmation that exact molded repros are not available. Washer hoses in a 56 Cad... I'll apologize to the old girl if I do that😇