News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Best example of 47 series 62 conv.

Started by VandalRon, April 03, 2014, 09:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VandalRon

Who, or what museum, has the best example of a 47 series 62 convertible in the western US?

C.R. Patton II

Hello Ron

Glad to read you are inquisitive about the 1947 Cadillac 6267 CCP.

The individual I would contact if I was wearing your shoes is Terry Wenger.  He is experienced, honest, kind, and a student of the Standard of World.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

VandalRon

Thanks.
I have one that I'm tinkering with and would like to see/photograph "the standard".

gary griffin

Hi Ron,

I can relate to your desire to have pictures of a car comparable to the one you are restoring. I have been dealing with that problem for years.  I would suggest first to order an authenticity manual for your car. It will have much of the information that you will want to have.

Secondly decide if you want it to be authentic to the model and year or do you want to take it to it's specific build configuration? If that is your desire carefully copy all of the information on your body tag which is on the firewall behind the drivers side of the engine. That will give you the colors, options and so forth. After that you can order a factory build sheet which will give you a lot more information about what the car had when it left the factory including the date it left and where it's first destination was.

I am somewhat of a purist about originality but I have deviated. I painted my 1942 Cadillac the original color but used a correct interior fabric but in a different color than my car actually had. I also have a favorite deviation mechanically. I add dual master cylinders, I do not want to lose all of my brakes when driving a two ton car down the street, and seat belts also are an acceptable deviation from originality, as far as I am concerned safety trumps originality.

The main thing is to restore it to your standards and enjoy it!!

Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver