News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hagerty extended the free towing...

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, November 09, 2023, 11:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Now its 100 miles, like AAA Gold, very cool and unlimited as always.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Carfreak

I think we're grandfathered at 125 miles per tow.

Been with them 20 years and member of their Road Service since they first offered it. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Cadillac Jack 82

Hagerty is awesome with towing.  Had to tow the 67 once locally and they were there in 45 min.
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

gkhashem

I thought Hagerty would not tow the car from your home, only on the road. So I had to use AAA. I do like Hagerty but try to get a tow from your storage garage or home.
1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: gkhashem on November 10, 2023, 08:39:12 AMI thought Hagerty would not tow the car from your home, only on the road. So I had to use AAA. I do like Hagerty but try to get a tow from your storage garage or home.

I've *NEVER* had a problem getting The Ark towed from here to the shop. Never.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Cadillac Jack 82 on November 09, 2023, 11:25:43 PMHagerty is awesome with towing.  Had to tow the 67 once locally and they were there in 45 min.

That's a function of the tow company they contract with. When The Ark's fuel pump died this past summer, it
was 3.5 hours before a tow showed up.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

billyoung

A year ago when I first got my 1968 it died and because it did not have a license plate on it yet AAA would not tow it, Haggerty did with a good nature. I am a confirmed Haggerty customer.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

35-709

Hagerty towed my '35 Cadillac ('73 Nova front end) from my garage to my favored front end repair shop 35 miles away when it developed a problem I was unable to deal with that made it unsafe to drive it there. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

JerRita

My 79 was DOA in my garage and Hagerty backed up to it and towed it out. Another time I bought a car about 200 miles from home and didn't feel comfortable to drive it that far I called Hagerty insured it and they towed it home and I just paid the additional mileage over my covered 175 miles. You can also ask for a particular tow company if locally. Hagerty is 100% the best.
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs

64\/54Cadillacking

That's awesome Laurie. Back when I got my '54 Fleetwood, it didn't run, plus the car was like 80 miles away from my home, so the previous owner called AAA since the car was still registered in his name and was insured through AAA.

He simply told AAA that he needed to tow the Caddy to a transmission shop but they actually just towed it to my place. I literally save almost $800 because that's how much a tow company was going to charge me! I don't think people realize how expensive towing your vehicle is today, and it's almost super important that us classic car owners have great towing service for numerous reasons (break downs, tow to shops, tow to a new owners home, etc..).
Currently Rides:
1964 Sedan Deville
1954 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special
1979 Lincoln Mark V Cartier Designer Series
2007 Lexus LS 460L (extended wheelbase edition)

Previous Rides:
1987 Brougham D' Elegance
1994 Fleetwood Bro
1972 Sedan Deville
1968 Coupe Deville
1961 Lincoln Continental
1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
1978 Lincoln Continental ( R.I.P.) 1978-2024 😞

dochawk

I know this is a bit stale, but I think it's working out.

Hagerty will also let you put "trip interruption rider" or some such on and off the policy.

It came up when I was asking about coverage if I ship my Miata 1,300 miles to Texas for a motor (and probably back).  Sure, the carrier should be insured, but . . .

1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)

z3skybolt

When I totaled my 1940 LaSalle 5227 I used a local garage to tow the wreck home. The bill was $300.00.  I submitted it to Hagerty.  They paid without blinking an eye. In addition they refunded me for the $1,500.00 which I had given the IRATE farmer the day of the accident. I had damaged his fence and gate. 

And finally, they offered to pay me the full $32,0000 insured value or $28 grand and I keep the wreck. I took the $28,000.00 and sold the wreck for $7,500.00. All towing and property damage arrangements were made by me without consulting Hagerty.  They made me whole without questioning my actions.

Hagerty is incredible!

Bob R.
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

TJ Hopland

Interesting that they paid the bill when you called a tow yourself.   The few times I have needed a tow on something I had coverage on I was told it was going to be several hours or more or less sorry. I then called some places myself and they were there within the hour. 

One driver even told me he saw the call come in from the insurance but his bosses instructions were to reply that they were too busy unless they were really slow or maybe already in the area with an empty truck.  Besides the discounted rate apparently the insurance companies are know for being extremely slow to pay so its much better for the tow company if they can get work that pays full price and on delivery.   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: TJ Hopland on January 06, 2024, 09:16:39 AMInteresting that they paid the bill when you called a tow yourself.   The few times I have needed a tow on something I had coverage on I was told it was going to be several hours or more or less sorry. I then called some places myself and they were there within the hour. 

One driver even told me he saw the call come in from the insurance but his bosses instructions were to reply that they were too busy unless they were really slow or maybe already in the area with an empty truck.  Besides the discounted rate apparently the insurance companies are know for being extremely slow to pay so its much better for the tow company if they can get work that pays full price and on delivery.   

'Now' around here local tow companies won't take a Hagerty or AAA call, its cheaper to keep the trucks in the garage and the drivers in bed. They don't pay the tow companies enough.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

z3skybolt

Like I said.....call for the tow yourself, pay the bill, submit it to your insurer.  At least it worked for me at Hagerty TWICE.  The first time a freeze plug fell out and the engine overheated. They didn't question me or hesitate at all in either instance.

Either way....if my LaSalle breaks down, I want it off the road and towed right away. I am not interested in hanging around with my car stalled, even if it eventually comes out of my pocket.  Small change compared to my investment.

To each his own.
Bob R.
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: z3skybolt on January 06, 2024, 12:20:11 PMLike I said.....call for the tow yourself, pay the bill, submit it to your insurer.  At least it worked for me at Hagerty TWICE.  The first time a freeze plug fell out and the engine overheated. They didn't question me or hesitate at all in either instance.

Either way....if my LaSalle breaks down, I want it off the road and towed right away. I am not interested in hanging around with my car stalled, even if it eventually comes out of my pocket.  Small change compared to my investment.

To each his own.
Bob R.

That's what I've done, twice now. And I learned my lesson Christmas Eve, I'll make that 1st call to Hagerty to start the paper trail, then immediately call my local guy, no more waiting around. Same with AAA. And if neither wants to reimburse me that's fine too, we're going home quickly no matter what.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville