News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1936 Cadillac Fleetwood, front fender mounted lights

Started by Dennis Rizzuto Jr, January 13, 2024, 07:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Rizzuto Jr

I'm trying to find out if front fender mounted marker/running lights were a Cadillac option in 1936 or an aftermarket add-on. My car has small ones (approximately 2 inches) red on one side an white on the other. I'm nearly certain they were added on and not Cadillac. Any info would be great. Thank you, Dennis 

dawicker

Only headlights were standard, and as far as I know there were no factory options for lights. My 36 series 70 convertable sedan has bumper-mounted amber driving lights and amber marker lights, nothing however on the fenders. Most photos of 36's have additional lights, usually bumper mounted, but it is unclear what year this was offered as add-ons. They may have been added by the original owner as they became available. Yours may have been added at almost any point in time I would guess by the owner as an additional safety measure. I hope this helps!

Dave Wicker
Dave Wicker
1936 4 door convertable sedan model 7029

Dennis Rizzuto Jr

Hi Dave, yes that is helpful. I also have bumper mounted amber (fog) lights, and large bumper mounted running lights. I agree that the fender mounted lights were likely added on either by the dealer or a third party later in the life of the car. I would send you a couple pics but can't figure out how. Thank you for your input. Dennis