News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

67 to 68 Eldorado Fender interchangability

Started by 64Coupe, January 29, 2016, 09:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

64Coupe

I have some rot on the lower heel of the passenger side fender just behind the wheel of my 67 Eldorado.  I can purchase a replacement fender from a 68 Eldorado?  Are they interchangeable.  Thanks
JAS
1964 Cadillac Coupe
1967 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine
1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible

Glen

They have different part numbers, but the differences may be very minor.  Is your car an early or later car?  The difference in the fenders is in the placement of the letters ELDORADO.  Early cars the letters are on the lower part of the fender while later cars the letters are mid height. 

Im sure you are aware that the turn signal in the for the 68 is in the fender and the 67 it is in the bumper.  I know some people have put turn signals in the fenders so the difference cannot be too bad. 

Keep in mind the windshield wipers on the 68 are hidden by the rear edge of the hood while the hood on the 67 ends before it reaches the wipers.  How that affects the fender I don’t know but you should consider that. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

64Coupe

I'm not too Concerned about the Letter more so the fit.  It appears the hoods are the same just different cowls to house the wipers.  apparently The turn signals can be reused on the 67.

Any input before I buy them would be great.

Thanks

Jason
JAS
1964 Cadillac Coupe
1967 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine
1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible