News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

New Member - 1st Caddy

Started by Skwerly62, January 22, 2016, 10:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skwerly62

Just posting a hello from the snowy SE PA. Just put my first Cadillac in the garage this morning and am anxious to get wrenching on it. Not my first resto but my first Caddy.
1958 DeVille 62 Sedan I'm owner #3. Last registered in 1969 and driven into its 3rd hibernation garage in 2001 with 68,000 miles - until Thursday when it came home with me. Last owner yanked the engine and had it rebuilt at a speed shop with new pistons and heads all redone in 2002 and that's about as far as he got.
Hope ya'll can help me out with some noob questions and parts sourcing. Thanks and stay warm and inside if you live in the PA/NJ/DE area!
1958 Extended Deck 62 Sedan SOLD
1960 Coupe - current project
USCG Vet - Fly CG!

Dan LeBlanc

Welcome aboard. And oh, by the way, we like pictures.  >:D
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

jaxops

Welcome!  We look forward to hearing about your '58 Caddy.  Enjoy "Snow-Acolypse."  Just rain here in SE Virginia.

1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

cadparts58

Welcome to the club. You picked a good one to restore. Beautiful lines and a nice riding feel to it. I have a 58 Coupe de Ville. I also have a lot of 58 parts if needed. I have taken 4 or 5 apart over the years. If I can help feel free to get in touch. I am in Buffalo NY, and yes Virginia there is NO SNOW in Buffalo. Thanx Frank
Frank Puma #10721

Smedly

Welcome, and I will second the comment of us liking pictures, lots of picures ;)
When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay

Skwerly62

Thanks guys appreciate the info. I only need a part or two so I will get in touch.
1958 Extended Deck 62 Sedan SOLD
1960 Coupe - current project
USCG Vet - Fly CG!