News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Why Did I Receive This???
Last post by Big Fins - Today at 04:53:05 AM
It was a seamless transition on my end. Maybe because I was aware and set up everything like the suggestions said to a long time ago.
Thanks John! You may understand that it's frustrating not to be able to go forwards due to my inability to convert pictures into a scale drawing!
As I already wrote, when I was doing the wood buck for the Mark II, I went several times with the buck to the real Mark II's storage. Confronted to the real thing, I could make many corrections to approach the more or less correct shape. For that car, I had many dimensions for all body parts as well as many pictures, but it was not enough.
Here, I have some dimensions which may be correct (there are many ways to measure something) plus a lot of pictures but I'm still guessing...
General Discussion / Re: Time running out to regist...
Last post by Art Director - Today at 02:40:30 AM
Friday, May 24, is the final day to register for the Grand National! Onsite registration is also available, but it is quite expensive. Please do your registrar a favor and get registered before time runs out.

gn.cadillaclasalleclub.org
For Sale - Parts / 1958 1959 1960 1961 thru 1964 ...
Last post by Doug Scarrow - Today at 12:31:01 AM
   These bushings will never collapse and were made by Dan McNarry  will press in just like stock
 replaces Rare parts RP15606  1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 just listed. https://www.ebay.com/itm/266813484619.  $100 free shipping USA
For Sale - Parts / Re: Brand New Electric Wiper M...
Last post by RentedDreams - Yesterday at 09:35:16 PM
Do you still have these electric wipers?

thanks
Ron
General Discussion / Re: Why Did I Receive This???
Last post by Jason Edge - Yesterday at 09:12:51 PM
Quote from: Lexi on Yesterday at 07:25:23 PMAs the new look Forum was supposed to take effect May 1st, but was delayed some 15 days, there were obviously issues that even our techs were delayed in sorting out.
The 2-week grace period was part of the plan all along and had nothing to do with technical issues but did help our webmaster in staging the transition.  We knew a cold hard date (May 1) would catch some by surprise even though we would start reminding people 2 months out. The grace period allowed additional time for CLC members to get their information correct and for non-CLC members more time to maybe decide to join. Sometimes even us IT folks think things through like that.  :)
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: UPDATE: Found! need right...
Last post by Jeffrey Burland - Yesterday at 08:36:39 PM
Hey Steve,
You're very welcome. Jeff
General Discussion / Re: 1951 Caddy daily driver
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Yesterday at 08:26:09 PM
Thank you for the information.   Looks like Cadillac was really ahead of the pack back then.   Wonder how long it lasted?   And, if it was stopped, why?

Bruce. >:D
General Discussion / Re: Antifreeze lifespan
Last post by 35-709 - Yesterday at 08:16:41 PM
"To test antifreeze with an ohmmeter, also known as a multimeter, you can follow these steps:
- Set the multimeter to DC volts less than 20 volts
- Touch the black lead to the negative battery lead or chassis ground
- Place the red lead into the coolant
- If the reading is less than .4 volts, the coolant is in good condition"
General Discussion / Re: 1982 Eldorado Hubcap Locks
Last post by smokuspollutus - Yesterday at 08:07:19 PM
I have used an air chisel to cut a groove in them and then remove with a regular screwdriver. A sledge and socket will work too if that's all you have.