News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

98 Eldorado Northstar oil leak

Started by badabing, November 09, 2009, 05:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Thanks, Forrest.  I'm willing to bit the bullet and get the AC fixed.  It's the cooling
system issue I'm wondering about.

However, knowing N*'s reputation for head gasket issues I'm worried possible damage
from the wife driving it overheated (broken water pump belt) for the 10 miles.  It's run
OK since for the last 2 months.  Does that mean I've been "lucky" -- or is this a disaster
waiting to happen. 

Does anyone who really knows these engines have an opinion?  It's the only N* I've ever
owned.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Otto Skorzeny

Did she know the belt was broken when she drove it? Just wondering. I'm sure she didn't turn the heater on full blast unless it was the winter.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

No -- she had no idea.  The computer "information system" just kept flashing a warning
and a bell went off about "high temperature -- stop engine" or some such thing.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Otto Skorzeny

"stop engine" is pretty unambiguous, though. I guess she knows now to pull over whenever those lights come on.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE