News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1934 Cadillac fender skirts

Started by Cadillacbomber, February 22, 2024, 01:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillacbomber

Need my 1934 Cadillac experts intell on fender skirts. I picked up an original skirt and from what I can tell and see from pictures it s a 1934. Question is were these produced from the factory or were they made custom by the coach builders? I was able to have the left side made using the original right side as a template. Looking for another Cadillac dogdish cap which I know will be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Any help gentleman will be appreciated.
1937 Cadillac Fleetwood 70 series model #7067 510 566-5646

Member #34614

Warren Rauch #4286

I have been looking at Cadillac Accelerator (Salesman's Magazine) from 1934-36,here is what I found.

LaSalle wheel shields were introduced in June 1934.They were sold through the Cadillac Dealers. They looked close to what you have. They differ in the raised area around the cap is a little more pronounced and the car attachment is flimsy by comparison.A special Supplementary  sheet was issued.(nice picture of back side,If you want a copy,send me a email of your address)
   In the Jan 1936 issue there is a picture of one on a car that looks like yours ,including the Cadillac cap. I the article it says to be sure and put them on 3660 cars in the auto shows.

Is the wheel cutout the same 34 La Salle to 36 Cadillac 60?

Warren

Cadillacbomber

Good afternoon Warren, thank you for the info. The skirt actually fits on my 37 convertible. If you could send me the article that would be great. If you could send it to chevybomber41email addresses not permitted.

Thank You 🙏
1937 Cadillac Fleetwood 70 series model #7067 510 566-5646

Member #34614

Warren Rauch #4286

My email is in the 2022 Directory. I didn't find yours there.
I will send you a photocopy by snail mail,when I an address.

How do we get the new on line Directory?

Warren

The Tassie Devil(le)

Warren,

To get access to the online International Membership Directory, you need to open the CLC Main Site, at the top of the page, that is the heading page for the Forums, then go to the Members page, and a "Drop-down" will list the various things, and the International Membership Directory is there.

It is in a PDF form, and about an 11MB size download.   I saved a copy to my computer for immediate access.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon