News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

ebay forces sellers NOT to accept checks or money orders

Started by wm link, April 07, 2009, 11:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted in Olympia WA

I don't worry about it becasue I'm never that tight for cash.  Most of my dollars I just leave in PayPal.  If I have it in my bank account I spend it.  If it in PayPal and takes 3 or 4 days to get then I less likely to spend it.   Save it up for larger things that I really want, like cool shop tools.  Kind of like freezing your credit card in a tub of water in the freezer.

TED
Selling used Eldorado Parts from 1971-1978.  Member Number 25659.

Eric S. Maypother #15104

Quote from: Jeff Maltby 4194 on April 09, 2009, 02:12:24 PM
What about the 3-4 business days to transfer $ from paypal to you bank acct ?

Comments

I don't know what the industry standard for bank transfers is but these days, I would think it could be quicker than the 3-4 days. If I have to put money in my checking account from paypal I try to do it a week ahead of time before I have to mail out a check. If you take your paypal debit card to an ATM to get cash the bank charges $2 then paypal charges $1 no matter how much or little you take out, so it could cost $3 to get $20 or up to $400 or what your limit is. A way around it is to go to certain stores that don't charge a fee when you get cash back when using your debit card for purchases, CVS your can get back $35, the Post Office $50, Shaws Supermarket $200, so I can go to store, buy an 80 cent candy bar, get cash back and be saving money. Then if I need the money in my checking account sooner than the 3-4 days I can take that cash and deposit it in my bank.
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham

Walter Youshock

As a buyer, I still prefer a check or MO.  Granted, a high Feedback rating is important and should play a roll in the option.  I have no faith in supplying my financial data to ANYONE online.  And I'm a programmer for county government and was burned once...

I do NONE of my banking online; VERY rarely BUY anything online; NEVER give my SS# or, even the "last 4 digits".

CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

TJ Hopland

Quote from: Jeff Maltby 4194 on April 09, 2009, 02:12:24 PM
What about the 3-4 business days to transfer $ from paypal to you bank acct

You mean how they manage to get the money out of my account almost instantly but somehow it takes 3-4 days to get to the sellers account?    That is a real pain in the but if you need something quick.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason