News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Spied: Cadillac takes aim at Bentley

Started by Porter 21919, August 13, 2005, 07:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Cole

Looks pretty sweet although Ill never be able to afford it.

Dave MacGregor #18998

Although I could never afford it, I wish GM would make it.  A car like that would be a real boost for Cadillac for those that could afford one, but wont buy any of their other vehicles.  Even for those that couldnt afford it, showroom traffic would surely increase out of couriosity anyhow and could perhaps persuade a potential customer into purchasing one of the other more affordable models produced.

Of course in true GM fashion, it probably will also be beat down to true non-existance by the bean counters like the Sixteen and other great concepts that could have been.  Its GMs bean counters that I whole heartedly I blame for most of GMs lackluster vehicles that are released when compared to those of it competitors.  Its very hard for me to say that too, because I used to be a true blue GM loyal customer whoe blead GM -  raised by parents who had GMs, raised their parents who had GMs and I had to stray away from them a few years ago and went with another North American make and was surprisngly satisfied with both fresheness in design quality, and affordability of the product.  GM has become too stodgey and conservative compared to many other makes on the road.  Dare I say somewhat cheaper quality then too than the others.  I even swayed my parents to that make when I pulled into the driveway that very day I went non-GM.

And GM wonders why it got to where it ISNT today???  They just have to at the very least listen to their customers and enthusiasts to find out what keeps us as GM customer and why we left.  I wonder if anyone at GMs cushy corporate levels even casually read this board or similar GM brand dedicated boards for the buzz on how we and others perceive them.  I bet not.  Do You Hear Me GM???  Haha!

I give Bob Lutz lots of credit for trying and for turning around Cadillac from near death of a brand.  Its very obvious that hes aware of the public perception of the brand and from that has developed a clear vision of where Cadillac can and should still further strive to be above all others.  He has a lot of heart.  Too bad he has to put up with what he has to do with those bean counters.

Dave

Porter 21919

"They just have to at the very least listen to their customers and enthusiasts to find out what keeps us as GM customer and why we left. I wonder if anyone at GMs cushy corporate levels even casually read this board or similar GM brand dedicated boards for the buzz on how we and others perceive them. I bet not. Do You Hear Me GM??? "

Dave,

Thats why they broughht in Bob Lutz, he listens to the customers, tries to get a pulse on the market.

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2005/04/still_open_for.html TARGET=_blank>http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2005/04/still_open_for.html

You can ask him questions or post a reply.

Porter