News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

repair painted leater seats

Started by peter, August 13, 2005, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter

I purchased a 77 eldo barritz on ebet with the cleanest white leater seats I had ever seen in the crystal clear pictures and once ive seen then in persion now that I own this 28000 mile original gem it clear to me that the seller spray painted then white is this a commonly excepted practice by owners of cadillacs and can the seats be repaired or refinished and the leater on the doors is flthy with black grease stains how do I clean with that green cleaner or something more abrasive please help I spent close to four thousand dollars or should I use that micguirers treatment.

peter

Porter 21919

David #17592

Yikes!

Ive seen seat repairs done on leather, but those Biarritz seats have so many tucks and folds.  How well done was it?    Sometimes a crack in leather is closed when the seat is empty, only to pull open when you sit down.  Dyed leather often misses those little cracks.   It does seem weird that a low mileage car had it seats re-dyed.  

David

peter

the car has no heat or air conditioning the comprssor is their but the belts are loose and the reason the heat does not work is because the hoses were cut off at the firewall and the engine works fine is this going to damage engine if the heater does not work their is no dripping or leaks in the radiator itself and the engine sounds smooth why would the hoses be cutoff is this for more power in the engine. peter

wm link

The heater hoses were cut probably because the heater core is leaking. The heater core is like a tiny radiator...but much more difficult to change.

peter

where is it located and is it complicatted to change and are parts available is it a do it yourselfer or i need to go to a garage to have it replaced will it hurt engine without it thanks. peter

Brian Rachlin

You wont hurt the engine running it with the heater core bypassed.

I assume that the hoses are connected together in some way, and not just blocked off?

A low mileage original car should not have painted or re-dyed seats.  I would question that...

Brian

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Peter,

I would also question a low mileage car with the heater being disconnected.

You dont gain any more power by removing the A/C belts, as the A/C only uses power when the system is functioning.   In non-use operation, the pulley at the pump is just free-wheeling.

It is easy for a person to either install a low mileage reading speedo from another car, or simple forget that the speedo has turned over the magic 99,999.9 miles on the odometer.   Always worth a picture when that happens.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV