News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Grand National Comments

Started by Rob Bruining CLC#12428, August 19, 2005, 05:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Bruining CLC#12428

Our hats goe off to the Iowa Crossroads Region for putting together such a fine Grand National.
 My wife and I were very pleased with our accommodations at the overflow hotel, the Wildwood Lodge. The complimentary breakfast was a nice way to start out each day.
 We also thouroughly enjoyed the Historic tour of the Capitol Building, Salsbury Estate, and Historic Museum. An added bonus was our gracious guide and wonderful luncheon. The food was truly outstanding!
 We were able to meet many interesting people at both the Banquet and Hospitality room.
 The Crossroads club certainly put a lot of effort into this event and we appreciated it.

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Ill second that Rob, They did an excellent job!!

Dick Heler

How many Cadillacs participated?

Dick

Barry Wheeler #2189

I think Carl Steig mentioned the figure of 153 cars to be judged, but of course, some didnt show. And there was a large group of ones for display only. Saw more 1950-53 cars with continental kits than I have for years.
Coming home, we came the southern route which allowed us to cross the Big Muddy at Burlington. Then we followed 116 east to Peoria with which we were familiar with as my daughter had a church in Lomax near Burlington some years ago. Since it was a sort of "back-road" two laner, it was somewhat of a surprise when we were almost to Peoria and I saw a 1977 coming up behind. As it sailed around me, I saw it was Matt and Michaline Larson in their limo. You never know who youre going to see in a Cadillac! Great show.

Richard Sills - CLC #936

There were about 200 Cadillacs in the show, including the display cars.  Almost 700 members and guests attended, representing 33 states, the District of Columbia, and five foreign countries (including a U.S. military officer stationed in Kuwait).